Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Rex's stock indian remy and knots

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
betyboop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote betyboop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rex's stock indian remy and knots
    Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:55pm
hi all....I just bought a stock indian remy from Rex, it tangles. did a bleach bath.
The knots are very apparent. I never bleached knots on a non virgin. does anyone know how Rex's IR bleach? 1b color, does the color loft or is this going to be a chore? if so,, what is the proper amount of bleach/dev and time please, thanks, I am desperate!
Sponsored Links

I<3Suomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I<3Suomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 10:29pm
With bleaching knots on Rex units I've had a hit of miss experience, I've bleached about ten of his Indian remi stock units, out of those ten some lifted quickly and easily and some took a one to three times before they lifted at all, I've noticed my last few stick IR's were supposed to be virgin/natural raven hue only to find that their actually a between a #3-#6 and were dyed to look like a natural black....and this is why some of those units were harder to lift/bleach the knots :( I always to a spot test first to see how bleaching will go

Edited by I<3Suomi - Jan 15 2014 at 10:31pm
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 2:32pm
I can't get on with Rex's units.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by I<3Suomi I<3Suomi wrote:

With bleaching knots on Rex units I've had a hit of miss experience, I've bleached about ten of his Indian remi stock units, out of those ten some lifted quickly and easily and some took a one to three times before they lifted at all, I've noticed my last few stick IR's were supposed to be virgin/natural raven hue only to find that their actually a between a #3-#6 and were dyed to look like a natural black....and this is why some of those units were harder to lift/bleach the knots :( I always to a spot test first to see how bleaching will go

Not cool if the wigs are being advertised as natural color and have been dyed.

I<3Suomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I<3Suomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2014 at 11:01pm
Yeah it's super lame because it's do hard to tell, I thought I was crazy at first when I was easing a unit and the water turned brown smh it's like that every couple of wigs, I normally try to lift them to a light brown but after the dye I'm lucky if it'll lift pass a 2 or 3 :(
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 3:37pm
sorry about your experience..every unit that I purchased from Rex that as advertised as Virgin was a virgin unit. Did you try contacting him?
I<3Suomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I<3Suomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2014 at 7:27pm
Yeah and i got the old "you computer screen must not being showing the right color of the unit" thing lol ivd heard stories of him blacking people out from ordering again when they stir him up too much, thankfully I order & color units for other people pretty often so if the colors are off or it's dyed there's always someone else looking for a new color/style so it works for me....for now lol my main vendor retired but pops up once or twice a year taking orders at random so i can't shut Rex out completely lol
CokoNee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CokoNee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 7:46pm
I purchased an Indian Remy stock unit from Rex approximately 3-weeks ago and after the 1st wash, it kept tangling.  This is the 1st time that I've experience this with one of Rex' units.  I gave the unit a bleach bath and that has helped some, but it appears to be so dry now.  Angry
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2014 at 12:05pm
I normally do not have issues with Rex.  I have been ordering from him for many years.   When I request for virgin, he gives me virgin. 

As for bleaching the knots, I normally use Loreal bleach (in square white package) and use developer 30.  Also depending on the knots, I may go extreme and put the bleach cream directly on the knots from the top using a dye brush/tooth brush.   HTH.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic