BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Rex MVR lately?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rex MVR lately?
    Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 5:54am
Has anyone ordered a FLW from Rex recently (say the past 6 months)?  Particularly, his virgin Malaysian?  I'm considering.... but quality seems to have gone down across the board... (sigh)
Sponsored Links

ilovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 2:29pm
yes I have MV and a CV, i was not impressed with either and seems like the Malaysian no longer had that puffiness to it that i like that would resemble fine textured AA hair. it  was too shiny for my liking
Shell4624 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shell4624 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 8:29pm
interesting...I'm torn.  I am very close to purchasing one from him.  Does this quote seem right?  I've always worn brazilian hair (weaves) never a full lace so this is all new to me.  I"m worried about the too shiny comment.  Is MV really shiny?

have this one with 22.5"cir if ok ?
the price is $235, shipping fee $35 to USA , discount $10, total is $260, add 5%paypal, total is $273 .

JP-376-214"natural 1B#Virgin Malaysiannatural straight22"swiss lacelight brown90%-110%capbase2
Shell4624 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shell4624 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 9:35pm
Another quick question.   Can someone explain the visual difference one would notice between Virgin Malaysian and light yaki "Brazilian" hair?

TIA
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 11:35pm
The MVR I have from a few yrs ago from Rex IS kind of shiny.  But it is awesome quality hair.  I've had Brazilian from other companies, not Rex, and the hair  is lighter, a bit poofy, and has less luster, than the Malaysian hair I've seen.  I like the look of Brazilian hair a lot, but I do not find it to lat as long as virgin Malaysian.  Malaysian hair is stronger and I bet it is less processed than the so called Brazilian... just my opinion!

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2014 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Shell4624 Shell4624 wrote:

interesting...I'm torn.  I am very close to purchasing one from him.  Does this quote seem right?  I've always worn brazilian hair (weaves) never a full lace so this is all new to me.  I"m worried about the too shiny comment.  Is MV really shiny?

have this one with 22.5"cir if ok ?
the price is $235, shipping fee $35 to USA , discount $10, total is $260, add 5%paypal, total is $273 .

JP-376-214"natural 1B#Virgin Malaysiannatural straight22"swiss lacelight brown90%-110%capbase2

$235 for a 14" at 90%-110% density sounds high IMO. I'd do a custom instead of a stock wig to tailor the density if I were you...
Shell4624 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shell4624 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2014 at 10:10am
Thanks for the info ladies!

I think I'll order today.  Rex has been very responsive and I'm hearing that he has one of the more natural looking hairlines, so that's what peaked my interest.  I checked out wigsroyal as well and was told that their 130% density is all over the full head.. .which makes me nervous because I'm not a full hair type of girl.  Plus its my first LW and i want to make sure it looks as natural as possible.  I have pretty fine hair myself.  Now here's to hoping that its not so thin that I need to add tracks! :~)
Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 3:41pm
Girl what???
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

Girl what???

LOLLOLLOL
Tressa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2014 at 5:33pm
BIZZARO...anyway..why are we perpetuating the "brazilian" mythology?  THere ain't no such thing unless you spend THOUSANDS..remember I a have Natures' Girl?? and another directly from Sao Paulo.... It is incredible..and it didn't come from CHINA. Brazilian women DO NOT CUT THEIR HAIR...especially for us dowagers...:)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic