Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Review of Wig by Shades Styling & Beauty Boutique
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Review of Wig by Shades Styling & Beauty Boutique

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review of Wig by Shades Styling & Beauty Boutique
    Posted: Aug 15 2015 at 9:14am

This is my review of Shades Styling & Beauty Boutique. Here is her contact info: (301) 628-9263; shadessbb@gmail.com (I am not outing her, all this info is openly available on her website). Her Instagram account is: https://instagram.com/shadesstylingandbeautyboutique/

So overall, out of 5 stars, I give both the quality and her customer service a 2.5 out of 5. In brief, the color job she did on my hair was pretty shoddy; her customer service was unprofessional; and it took VERY long to get my wig (Initially ordered and completed payment for the wig on May 6, 2015, and did not receive what she considers to be a finished product until last week August 6, 2015). I had to ship it back to her twice for corrections on what I considered to be horrible quality for the price (The wig was GLUED to the cap instead of sewn!).

This is the wig I ordered from her site: http://www.shadessbboutique.com/…

Total Cost: $575 (not including all the various shipping charges I had to pay; also this was during a sale, so usually the cost would be even higher).

Service:
Shade is one of those stylist who you will see on Instagram a ton, but she either won’t have updated you on your product, or hasn’t responded to a text message you sent. I initially ordered my wig on May 6. I sent her specific instructions for the color on the wig and asked pertinent sizing questions on May 7. She knew the email was coming (I text her to let her know), but never replied to it. On the evening of 5/9/15, I asked if she received them and she said yes & that she was excited to be able to make a wig where she got to play with colors. -_-

This was a little irritating, mainly because I didn’t want her to start working on the wig without having seen the email and understanding what I wanted. However, by 5/12, she still had not answered the questions, so I text her…. I didn’t get a response to that text until 5/14, and that’s AFTER *I* messaged her wondering why she’d gone ghost (she had been posting on Ig faithfully though lol).

Behavior like that continued. If I ever wanted updates on the wig (mind you, this is not daily updates I’m wanting, this is maybe bi-weekly), I had to initiate convo with her. She NEVER hit me up first to give me an estimated completion date or anything.
My other major issue was some of her responses. I included a screenshot of 1 here. When I told her I didn’t like her color work (see photos), she basically responded saying she didn’t think it was a problem. -_-

Another response to a problem I had with her work was that “no one else has a problem with it.” In short, her professionalism is LACKING.
In addition, near the end of this, I had to start a Paypal dispute, and she showed a serious decline in her integrity when she said that if I won the dispute she would reverse it by claiming I wore the unit (which I never did, other than when I very first got it to try it on).

Quality:
I cannot express to you all how irritated I was to pay all that money and receive a wig that was GLUED to a very tight, small cap; a closure that was NOT secured to said cap except for some band that was way too small; Thin in the back; and a color job that I could have done myself (See photos of where many spots were just flat out BLONDE). When I tried it on for sizing, it wouldn’t even to the back of my head (& I have a small head). That’s the ONLY time I ever had the wig on and it was very brief because of how small it was.
I shipped it back to her to be SEWN and to have closure SECURED; adjust the sizing; have the color CORRECTED; and to have bundle added. To make this long story short, she shipped it back to me in mid-July, and it was STILL GLUED and had blonde spots!! After I paid extra for it to be sewn ($15).
The 2nd time I shipped it back to her, communication was an issue again. She told me she’d gone out of the country to have surgery and was having complications, and so that’s why I still didn’t have the wig. That’s when I threatened (and opened) a Paypal dispute. Now I will say this, I never thought she wouldn’t send the wig, but my timing limitation on being able to open a dispute for “Item not received” and “Item not as described” was coming to a close; and I needed to cover myself in case she didn’t send it or if she sent it back without correcting it again.

The final product did fix the sizing, thinness, & closure issues and some of the color fixes (the photos don't even show you all of the problems). The wig is also sewn (though VERY poorly). I canceled the dispute because technically, it's a custom product and no longer significantly "not as described," so it would have been a hassle. I'm not saying don't spend money with her, just saying be informed. Thanks. Pictures in reply post.

To see full review with more pictures, check my blog in a bit. Will be posting this in various Facebook groups as well

Edited by HoneyS7 - Aug 15 2015 at 9:19am
Sponsored Links

HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2015 at 9:20am

HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2015 at 9:22am
Originally posted by HoneyS7 HoneyS7 wrote:

HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2015 at 9:23am
The stitching for the "Sewn" wig

rampagejenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rampagejenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2016 at 1:53am
wait wait wait hold up. That's how she sew the hair to the wig cap?
karkar28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karkar28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2016 at 9:12pm
😳😳😳😳
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2016 at 11:23pm
Lady_Vibez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady_Vibez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2016 at 2:17am
Rude 💀💀
Gods Child View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gods Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2016 at 6:26pm
I'm sorry EVERYTHING about this is totally unacceptable. I sincerely hope that this was an exception for this vendor as opposed to the norm. No way would I have accepted a wig with just that color job and stitch quality. I am embarrassed for this vendor. You handle this really well!

Edited by Gods Child - Feb 01 2016 at 6:27pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic