BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReview: Gigis Beautiful Locs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: Gigis Beautiful Locs
    Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 8:41am

Hi Ladies, I recently purchased hair from a new company, and I wanted to review it for you all. I think word of mouth is really important for new companies, and when I was researching, I didn’t see any reviews. So, without further ado, here is my review of my Gigi’s Beautiful Locks.

Photos: http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k498/HoneyS7/Gigis%20Beautiful%20Locs%20Review/

Specs:

Vendor: Gigi’s Beautiful Locs  --> http://www.gigibeautifullocs.com

Payment method: Paypal

Texture: “Brazilian” Summer Curl

Color: Natural

Lengths: 18” 20” 22”

Installed: 22” PV hair, 18” Gigi’s hair 16” PV closure

When I purchased, there was a bundle deal going on for you to buy 2 bundles and get the third one free. I guess I’ll try and do this chronologically, so I’ll start from the beginning:

I was originally looking into Princess Hair Shop’s Malay curly, but I didn’t feel like paying for it, so I decided I would have it duped by my favorite PV. Along the way, he had been sending me pictures and it wasn’t exactly what I wanted. And, even though he was still working with me, and changing what I asked him to, I decided I needed back up hair just in case. That’s when I saw Gigi posting photos of her company’s hair on FB and decided to look into it. I searched high and low for reviews to no avail. I contacted Gigi via her g-mail address, and, I must say, although her response was fast it was liken to… Laniks’ customer service- warmer than them but still very succinct and to the point (those of you who have ever contacted Laniks know what I am talking about). So, at first, I wasn’t thrilled with the company, but as we progressed, I can honestly say she has awesome customer service.

I’m curly hair obsessed, and I knew I wanted the Summer Curl after viewing what she had available. When I inquired about it, she told me that particular texture seemed prone to a bit more shedding than her other textures, and so, she washed and sealed it at no charge to the customer. After much thought, I decided to give her company a try.

I placed the order and paid via Paypal. During my wait, I discovered the first con with the company- the hair is not actually in stock. You must wait for her vendor to send it to her. Now, I don’t fault her for this because I imagine most small hair businesses operate this way. I’m just impatient. BUT, to my credit, the main reason I prefer to purchase on-hand hair is because you avoid delays. I was told I was going to receive my hair on a Friday. However, her vendor sent her the hair late. Of course my install date was coming up close. When I told Gigi this, she immediately apologized and offered to ship the hair to me via Express Mail, free of charge. So , although I was initially irritated, my attitude was assuaged by her kindness and professionalism. She stayed in contact with me and always answered me back swiftly.

After a bit of Bullfudgery with USPS (surprise surprise -_-), I received my hair. Ironically, I received my PV hair the same day and it was perfect! I’d ordered a closure from my PV, and it matched pretty well with her Summer Curl. Unfortunately, my qualms with her hair begin here.

First, when I opened the hair to inspect, the pink tissue paper she wrapped the hair in was stuck to the wefts of the hair. I will attribute this to the fact that she had to rush the hair to me, so I could have it in time for my install. Ordinarily, I’m thinking she’d wash, seal and then let it dry before sending. The hair arrived smelling wonderful and it was definitely clean. Upon taking each bundle out of the pack, and running my hands through, they shed… A LOT, particularly the one that was supposed to be 22”. Notice my wording there? That brings to my next issue and probably my largest one. I noticed that the 22” bundle looked a little short to me. Before measuring it, I decided to compare it to other hair I had (See photo). It was much shorter than my Laniks VC 19-22”; It was much shorter than the 22” bundle of CV hair I’d just received, and it was about the same length as the 18” bundle from Gigi. So, I dug up a ruler and measured it while stretched. It was about 18-20” and the part that was 20” seemed only to be that long because it was shedding. I made her aware of both of these issues and actually asked if I could exchange the hair for another 22” bundle. When I pay for 22”, I expect to get 22” of hair. Unfortunately, she said that her vendor would not take the hair back because she had sealed it (again, another reason why I prefer to buy hair that is on-hand. If it had been, it would have been her choice to exchange the hair for me or not). I realize that even if I had exchanged, it wouldn’t have gotten to me in time to install it. At any rate, she did say I could have a 4th bundle, assumably an actual 22” of hair, at a discounted price. However, since my PV’s closure and 22” hair meshed with hers, I decided to just mix them together.

Another minor issue (or so I thought), is that the beards on the wefts were a little long. They are now itching me like mad lol.

On to the good- the hair is really pretty and I get compliments on it all day. The 18” bundle from her had this reddish brown hue to it that is just gorgeous when the sun hits it. Every time I see it, I wish my closure was the same color. The hair is soft, has a healthy sheen and responds really well to any conditioner I use. And, oddly, although there is a lot of shedding from her hair specifically, I don’t have a lot of tangling. I work out in this hair and it handles it really well.

So my end conclusion for this hair: If you’re looking for something beautiful to wear for a few months (I only plan on doing 6 weeks max), go for it! It’s cheap in relation to other vendors, and I’m sure it will at least go that distance. I’m a bit spoiled from other companies (like Wagmans and Laniks- old Laniks lol), so I’m not sure I’ll reuse this hair. I will definitely be having a wig made out of the bundles I didn’t use though. I think this hair would make a great U-part with closure- something that you don’t wear everyday and can be taken off at night. Gigi has great customer service overall, she’s not going to be chatting you up or giving anything extra- like I said, succinct and professional, and some of you might prefer that (I’m a pretty warm, open person so I like it a bit more friendly). She also stated that she was looking for a new vendor who had better wefts (they are neat, but they do shed). I actually made a YT video review; but I hate seeing myself on camera, so I might not use that. I’m sorry this is so long, but I wanted to be thorough. I hope this helps someone.

**Please pay attention to the names of the photos, they are accurate descripts lol.

Forgot add, I had my closure sewn in as is- I did not bleach the knots, or dye the lace, or use makeup, or any of the other stuff BHMers taught me I should do. Cry I didn't have time. I hope it doesn't look to cray. LOL

Edited by HoneyS7 - Aug 02 2012 at 9:05am
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 8:54am
I really like the curl pattern , but the shedding is a turn off after sealing. I would sent the hair to sam to reweft before you make a wig if possible . She should stand by her product , Regardless if she seal the hair , it seems to shed like a cat .I would never order from someone with a funky attitude while spending my money . Thanks so much for sharing . Smile
HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 8:57am
Awww India, now I feel bad. She definitely didn't have a funky attitude, she was really nice, especially after the delay with the originally expected shipping date. I don't want it to sound like she was mean at all, she just isn't going to be giving more convo than necessary if that makes sense? And that aspect is very subjective, I'm really personable and I enjoy that same quality in persons I do business with. She's very nice though,
HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 8:58am
Oh I meant to add, can sam take it off the weft and re-weft it or would I have to?

Edited by HoneyS7 - Aug 02 2012 at 8:58am
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 9:01am
Originally posted by HoneyS7 HoneyS7 wrote:

Oh I meant to add, can sam take it off the weft and re-weft it or would I have to?
LOL . Don't feel bad . I understand straight to the point people . Yes sam will take care of everything . I forgot to say how pretty you look .Embarrassed
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 9:03am
gorgeous curl pattern!
thanks for the review!

if you think the hair is worth saving i would send it to sam to have it re-wefted
HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 9:04am
Embarrassed Aww thanks so much :-)
HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 9:07am
Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

gorgeous curl pattern!
thanks for the review!

if you think the hair is worth saving i would send it to sam to have it re-wefted

Thanks! I love your avi, Tae is my hair dream lol.
rredict View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 9:21am
Love the curl pattern. Thanks for sharing..
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2012 at 9:25am
Originally posted by HoneyS7 HoneyS7 wrote:

Originally posted by iGotSunshine iGotSunshine wrote:

gorgeous curl pattern!
thanks for the review!

Thanks! I love your avi, Tae is my hair dream lol.

Yes! i LOVE tae's hair.
it's coarse but it has a gorgeous curl pattern
Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic