Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Review 2: Gigi's Beautiful Locs- Pics Inside

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review 2: Gigi's Beautiful Locs- Pics Inside
    Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:03pm
Hi Ladies!

I will try to make this quick. In brief, I originally "reviewed" Gigi's Beautiful Locs back in August (see that here: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/review-gigis-beautiful-locs_topic344989.html). I put "review" in quotes because I paid for the hair and wrote about it on my own accord. She did not ask me too. She was (and still is) a new, small company, and I know that word of mouth is extremely important to such companies. 

Unfortunately, after my second purchase, I have to say I would NOT recommend this hair, unless you need something quick and pretty. It IS not of the quality that I prefer to spend my money on. Unhappy If you glanced at the first review, you might be wondering why I purchased again. Well, the awesome sale aside, I REALLY love the curl pattern, and this second go 'round didn't disappoint either- I still LOVE the curls; but, I simply can't deal with the shedding and subsequent tangling. It is ridiculous. At the rate this hair is shedding, I probably have a few washes left, and it will be too thin to use (I like big hair). I currently have it on a lace closure wig that I had made for me. I take it off every night.

I didn't ask the owner to do anything about this batch of hair, because I purchased it in the very late summer, and didn't have a wig made out of it until December. I know there's a statute of limitation on such things, so I didn't expect her to do anything... and when I let her know about the problem, she didn't. LOL Again, I didn't expect her too, because it's been months since I purchased the hair. It was my mistake, I suppose, for taking too long to use it. However, I'd been wearing my own hair and didn't need it.

I will say, that when I messaged her about it, here was her exact reply: "Hello I'm ok I have changed vendors since then already for my summer curl so it wouldn't really make sense for the review but thanks for giving me a update and I'm so sorry that you had to experience so much shedding. The hair was pretty but the vendor wasn't doing their job with the wefting so I had to change." Perhaps now that she has a new vendor, the hair will be better, but I won't be taking the plunge unless someone else reviews the hair from this new vendor first.

Onto the pictures:

Packaging:

Fresh out of Packages: Pretty as it is, this shows another one of my issues. It's sold as "virgin" hair, but the processing clearly doesn't start at the beginning of the weft. I like my curls to start at the top of the weft: 

Washing (You can see the nature of where the tangles begin kind of in the 2nd pic):

Shedding from the 1st wash and 2nd wash:

Here is a great capture of a tangle in the hair (1st pic- top, left); The second pic also shows how it tangles as soon as it gets wet; The bottom left pic is the hair drying; and the final pic is just what I had left after the wig was made:

Hair Drying (with/without flash). I love the color and the ringlets :) :

Finally, here is the hair on me. Sorry for the edits, I don't want my face all over these net streets Tongue And sorry for no top pics, I have a few, but they are on another laptop:

Edited by HoneyS7 - Feb 05 2013 at 5:15pm
Sponsored Links

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:16pm
There was another thread in the newbies section where someone had a bad experience with her hair. The curl pattern is nice but the shedding looks horrible....thanks for the review Honey S7.
HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

There was another thread in the newbies section where someone had a bad experience with her hair. The curl pattern is nice but the shedding looks horrible....thanks for the review Honey S7.

Aww that sucks. I hope people research and see these threads before they buy again.
Hawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:32pm
o wow, it looks really nice installed, that shedding is a shame..

Edited by Hawk - Feb 05 2013 at 5:55pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:38pm
wow thats alot of hair you lost.
HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 5:44pm
Yes, and I use the regimen of a seasoned weave vet :-) I don't sleep on it at night, I don't wear it when I work out. I have no idea why it act likes that. I tried a shower comb (the uber wide-toothed one); I tried finger-only detangling. Nothing stops the tangles, but my fingers give me far fewer tangles than the comb, so I stick with that.
honeybee10 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeybee10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 6:04pm
CryShocked
HoneyS7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyS7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:28pm
I'd like to add that all this shedding is even AFTER she sealed it.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 7:29pm
I wish people would get it together
tmrockville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmrockville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:26pm
That is a shame cause your install pics look really nice!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>