Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Republicans want to Question Beyonce .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 12:59am
I want to go. I know i would never be able to find my family but still want to see where my granpa is from. How much is a flight from canada
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:05am
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

I want to go. I know i would never be able to find my family but still want to see where my granpa is from. How much is a flight from canada

Last time I went was over ten years ago, so I don't know what the current rates are. Depending on where you are in Canada, it's not all that expensive, though. It's an affordable sunny destination. Lots of Canadians escape to either Cuba or the DR in the winter, it's fairly common
 If you leave from Toronto or Montreal, it's a quick flight, but if you leave from Vancouver, it's another story.

Also, they love american currency over there

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Apr 07 2013 at 1:07am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:19am
I just checked out of curiosity. If you were to take a round trip from Toronto-Varadero on Monday for a week, there's a flight for $339 CAN. It's more expensive during winter though, most people try to escape the cold weather. I went during summer because it's cheaper, but if you're unlucky you may run the risk of experiencing bad weather during your stay (or worse, a hurricane!)
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:30am
What a waste of timeWacko

Americans can get to Cuba via Mexico but you risk getting a fine if caught. They are not going to take your citizenship away if US born. Where would you go? America doesn't recognize dual citizenship.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:47am
Originally posted by Prazol60 Prazol60 wrote:

Americans can get to Cuba via Mexico but you risk getting a fine if caught. They are not going to take your citizenship away if US born. Where would you go? America doesn't recognize dual citizenship.
Sure but wouldn't it make sense to go through the nearest city that's near you? If you live in NY for instance, I would think going through Canada would be more convenient than through Mexico...
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 1:56am
you can have dual citizenship

I genuinely don't know how true her "threat" was ... I thought it was overkill and strange for her to bring it up

if the only risk was a fine, why would congress want to get involved

anyways, I hope that is the only risk
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 2:07am
Yes, I know you can have dual citizenship, I have it Big smile

It looks like only the Republicans are against traveling to Cuba. Time to move on to more important stuff like fixing the budget. If we can go to Iran and North Korea, why not Cuba?
http://www.npr.org/2012/02/06/146474813/u-s-travel-to-cuba-grows-as-restrictions-are-eased
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 2:08am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Sure but wouldn't it make sense to go through the nearest city that's near you? If you live in NY for instance, I would think going through Canada would be more convenient than through Mexico...

I don't know, I know Canada's immigration is quite stringent lol, so Mexico or a Caribbean island might be better from that perspective. I went to Canada for business for a few days without a work visa...it was awkward going through customs when I landed. They literally grilled me. LOL
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 2:11am

Yes, I know you can have dual citizenship, I have it Big smile

It looks like only the Republicans are against traveling to Cuba. Time to move on to more important stuff like fixing the budget. If we can go to Iran and North Korea, why not Cuba?
http://www.npr.org/2012/02/06/146474813/u-s-travel-to-cuba-grows-as-restrictions-are-eased

I know plenty of people with dual citizenship, especially if one parent (usually the mom) is American.

I don't know if the comparison between Iran/NK and Cuba is as valid though. It's very hard to get a visa to go to NK first of all. Sure, you can go to NK directly from the US (technically speaking), but unless you're there on missionary work, you really run the risk (as an American) of being accused of spying or something worse. And a NK prison is pretty high up there in "worst places to be" regarding "locked up abroad".
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2013 at 2:14am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I don't know, I know Canada's immigration is quite stringent lol, so Mexico or a Caribbean island might be better from that perspective. I went to Canada for business for a few days without a work visa...it was awkward going through customs when I landed. They literally grilled me. LOL
But if you're going on vacation and just passing through, you're not immigrating... I'm surprised they gave you a hard time for a few days alone. It is standard procedure for them to ask you how long you plan to stay, though.

Things are changing. Used to be that you didn't even need a passport to cross the border and now you do.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 12>
  Share Topic