Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Repost? San Fran PD Beat and Arrest 19 y/o woman
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Repost? San Fran PD Beat and Arrest 19 y/o woman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repost? San Fran PD Beat and Arrest 19 y/o woman
    Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:36pm
http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/04/bart-police-arrest-assault-wrong-woman-dancing-train/

All it took was one phone call to the San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) police and one questionable witness to have 19-year-old Nubia Bowe arrested and assaulted by officers. Only thing is, she’s innocent of her charges.

On the evening of March 21, BART police responded to a complaint about young men dancing and soliciting money on a train. A witness identified the two men riding with Bowe as the suspects, so officers instructed them to exit the train for questioning. Meanwhile, other passengers tried to tell the officers they had the wrong people.

The witness later recanted, saying Bowe and her friends weren’t the perpetrators.

Yet Bowe was still handcuffed, detained, and beaten.

“Once they pulled me off the train, I was first slammed to the ground and then thrown against the wall,” says Bowe, who is 5’1” and 105 pounds. “The officers pushed me back down and continued to elbow and knee me in the back. My mouth was full of blood by then. The whole time this was happening, I repeatedly said, ‘I am not resisting arrest. You are violating my civil rights.’”

Bowe says she was taunted, battered again, and denied medical treatment and her phone call once she arrived at Santa Rita Jail.

“Three male guards and one female guard came in my cell and beat me up,” Bowe says. “They hit me and said that I assaulted one of them. So they chained my wrists to my ankles and tipped me over onto the urine-soaked ground so I couldn’t get up.”

Bowe was booked on one felony charge and three misdemeanors. She was held for four nights with a bail set at $120,000.

Although the felony charge has been dropped, Bowe has been kicked out of the Treasure Island Job Corps training program, where she was only two months away from graduating.

“This case represents another example of racial profiling by BART police,” says civil-rights attorney Dan Siegel, who represents Bowe. “Although the end isn’t as tragic, it’s similar to the Oscar Grant case. Some person made a complaint about dancing on BART, Nubia and her friends were not the people dancing, and yet, she still faces two sets of charges for allegedly fighting with police and resisting arrest.”

Bowe’s arrest happened only two months after BART police were caught on video tasering and using excessive force against a black man.

A trial date for the BART charges is set for Aug. 5, and the pretrial hearing for the Santa Rita charges is scheduled for May 19.

Read more here.

Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:39pm
*sighs*
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:45pm
damn
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 2:48pm
and they did all that because someone claimed some black guys were dancing on the train?  i guess if someone had said a black person assaulted them they would have killed her.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:11pm
^^right?
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 3:18pm
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 5:36pm
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:03pm
I am happy that the end result wasnt death because they could've killed her.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 6:19pm
BOMBOCLAAT!!!!!!!!! CHEESE SAUCE CHRISE

chained her wrists to her ankles then tipped her over on urine soaked ground after 4 cops beat her up in jail?! a weh de mummaclaat ah gwaan! MERCYY

She isnt resisting arrest and is slammed into a wall? Then she was kicked out of her program for the charges. Dios Mio!

Bail at $120,000.

MADNESSS!!!!!

wait a second the report said men dancing on the train now she's has a low haircut but she is clearly female. how she get mixed up in the melee? Those cops are PIGS! (ive never used the term before) 

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 7:46pm
WTF is up with BART and assaulting random Black people?! Fukk everyone of them.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>