Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Repost?? RTA bus driver Artis Hughes fired

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 11:11am
Meh. You can do whatever you want in life, but personal trauma, provocation, etc. aside, you have to realize that there are consequences (however minute they may be) for absolutely everything.

But I bet that he's mad that the video went viral now! All that "support" was for naught.

Sponsored Links

BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 11:16am
I'm sorry but if some angry customer spit on me, I think I would have probably beat her until she stopped moving. He shouldn't have been fired because of the circumstances. He wasn't the one who began the altercation
Nijjah25 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Nijjah25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 1:36pm
do most people on here have jobs??????

i don't care what a customer does...

when you react other than what your company handbook says, there are disciplinary consequences..... why are yall Outraged that he lost his job?

Yes I know we are human and have emotions and reactions..but don't get mad when your job gets snatched...A company cares way more about their reputation..than your employment.

Tis All
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 1:49pm
A client tried to stab me.
He was a creepy sex offender and an abuser and was getting irritated with my questions.
That was crazy.

Security came and handled him.

I agree he should not have done that and just sucked it up and follow the handbook
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

The better question is are any people on here Bus Drivers...I ride the bus almost everyday, I don't got a car I'm out here 10 toes down getting my walk on. And I see the pain and suffering bus drivers (who are usually black) got to go through on a daily basis. A lot of these bus drivers pulling 2-3 shifts back to back to back. They working 16 hour shifts out here. And then u got a hoodrat come and spit on you. Then put her hands on you. I don't applaud this man losing his job cause it's hard to get a full-time gig in this economy.They could of suspended him and put him through whatever "angry management" program they got set-up but to kick him off the job after seeing that footage isn't right with me. These hoodrats get people killed everyday. Thank God I have hoodrat vision. I can spot them from a distance and cross the street before we cross paths.

When you go against the guidelines you put your job at risk. A stipulation of employment.

A former colleague of mine fought a student (who was 19 or 20) who punched him during class. It was understandable that he fought him, but if it's grounds for dismissal then it's grounds for dismissal. There are rules in place, guidelines to follow when things happen for a reason. You can do what you feel you need to do but you also have to live with the consequences.
SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

she summarized how i feel

OMG that's WTF I was saying & thinking....the entire time. Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
Literally, point by point I agree.

Wth is so disagreeable about this stance?

Folks were just pissed that several of us didn't want to "ah kee kee kee" about his unnecessary force.

I still don't understand what the problem was about speaking out against the bus driver when he was CLEARLY in the wrong as well. Smfh. A mess. 

Ole selective reading/memory mugs
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote James Avery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

she summarized how i feel

stopped listening after "if a b*tch hits you..."

why is she calling women b*tchesConfused
Nijjah25 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nijjah25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 2:35pm
she says the b word a lot..

but everything else...I agree
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 2:36pm
I have pleasant experiences with bus drivers. 
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 2:38pm
i mean... he got fired because he has a job to do. 
that he didn't do very well. more people need to get fired for that, IMO. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style