FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Report: Lee Thompson Young found dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>

Author
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 12:59am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by thickblkbarbie thickblkbarbie wrote:

RIP, i used to work on a psych ward for 4 years,i saw first hand what depression was like, i still remember a pt who was about 20 yrs old, was discharge from the unit, stated he was okay, I remember writing notes in his chart before he left. He seemed very happy,but underneath the happiness, was sadness, a few days later he took his own life....I remember coming in to work, and my co workers were very sad.

the worst thing about depression is that people dont believe its a real disease. So you're forced to hide it and pretend, lest you're told to "cheer up".

that irked me like u wouldn't believe.  i'd just look at them like "fuccin' leave me alone".  It was so hard to fake...it takes alot of energy to pretend.
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 1:09am
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I'm a bit bothered that they are mentioning his practice of Yoruba . Like they are trying to tie that to his suicide.

Wayment...Yoruba is a language unless I am missing something?  I must be really out of touch. AMH
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 1:11am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I'm a bit bothered that they are mentioning his practice of Yoruba . Like they are trying to tie that to his suicide.

Wayment...Yoruba is a language unless I am missing something?  I must be really out of touch. AMH

Yoruba is the name of the religion and language of the Yoruba people.

Edited by **Sk!TtLeS B** - Aug 22 2013 at 1:14am
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 3:03am
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Yeah that confused me for a minute too, I always knew the religion as Orisha (idol worshipping) but yeah skittles is correct, Yoruba is/was a set of spirtual beliefs too.
choc_lover View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choc_lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 4:15am
I've always known Yoruba as a language and culture and not a form of religion. 
Does this mean Igbo and Hausa are religions too? 
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 4:40am
^^I think it's because at some point, the culture and traditional religion were very much intertwined. But it's true, when people talk about Yoruba it's always regarding the tribe/language/culture etc...it's really odd to me to hear it referred to within a religious context tbh.
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 6:24am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

black women are taught from birth not to have high expectations regarding our lot in life.
I think we have the lowest suicide rate. When I get to a PC I'll post a video
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 8:34am
Originally posted by choc_lover choc_lover wrote:

Umm, no! I didn't know Yoruba is/was a "religion".
All other ethnic groups as far as I know, is just that, ethnic groups and their respective languages. 
honeydrop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeydrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 8:43am
This is soo sad.  too youg to die.  depression is so complex...  praysers to his family & friends.  What is happening in Hollywood?
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 9:19am
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

Originally posted by choc_lover choc_lover wrote:

Umm, no! I didn't know Yoruba is/was a "religion".
All other ethnic groups as far as I know, is just that, ethnic groups and their respective languages. 

This blogger already wrote them about their ignorance
http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/2013/08/dear-enews-yoruba-lee-thompson-young.html
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
  Share Topic