Report: Lee Thompson Young found dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 10:08pm
All I ask is that before people judge and right folks off...at least try to find out what this person was dealing with. I've heard horror stories on this very site that had I been in the situation...i'da most likely killed myself.  It's always easy to say what u would do when speaking from a place of comfort and well being.
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

As a suicide survivor, I have spent years thinking about this topic.  I don't think suicide is a selfish act, I think it is a self-absorbed act.  I don't think it has to do with anyone else, but more a person's thought suffocating them.  I think it also involves the inability to see the light at the end of the tunnel for what may be a very short period but still, we will never know.  

self·ish

< ="application/x-shockwave-flash" ="http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf" width="17" height="15" id="speaker" align="texttop" quality="high" loop="false" menu="false" salign="t" allowaccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" flashvars="=http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/audio/luna/S02/S0298400.mp3"> [sel-fish]  Show IPA
adjective
devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily withone's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless ofothers.
characterized by or manifesting concern or care only foroneself: selfish motives.

self-ab·sorbed

< ="application/x-shockwave-flash" ="http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf" width="17" height="15" id="speaker" align="texttop" quality="high" loop="false" menu="false" salign="t" allowaccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" flashvars="=http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/audio/luna/S02/S0284000.mp3"> [self-ab-sawrbd, -zawrbd, self-]  Show IPA
adjective
preoccupied with one's thoughts problems, interests, etc.

As a fellow survivor I can kind of, sort of agree.   IMO though to say "pre-occupied with ones thoughts" is too simple.  It down plays that the person may be dealing with real sh*t.  Not just thoughts.
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 10:47pm
I've never seen an episode of Jett Jackson, but i remember him from Smallville, may he RIP.

Ummm sometimes the depression that brings a person to suicide is caused by their *&%^$#@Eed up parents/family.

stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 11:23pm
May he RIP.
This is very sad. You could not tell me I was not going to marry him in 6th grade.
thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 11:48pm
RIP, i used to work on a psych ward for 4 years,i saw first hand what depression was like, i still remember a pt who was about 20 yrs old, was discharge from the unit, stated he was okay, I remember writing notes in his chart before he left. He seemed very happy,but underneath the happiness, was sadness, a few days later he took his own life....I remember coming in to work, and my co workers were very sad.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 10:45am
this is very sad to hear. I never saw him on Disney channel but I LOVED him on Rosili and Isles... that was a great show. 
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 10:50am
RIP. he looks exactly like my little cousin. sigh
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 10:52am
Originally posted by thickblkbarbie thickblkbarbie wrote:

RIP, i used to work on a psych ward for 4 years,i saw first hand what depression was like, i still remember a pt who was about 20 yrs old, was discharge from the unit, stated he was okay, I remember writing notes in his chart before he left. He seemed very happy,but underneath the happiness, was sadness, a few days later he took his own life....I remember coming in to work, and my co workers were very sad.

the worst thing about depression is that people dont believe its a real disease. So you're forced to hide it and pretend, lest you're told to "cheer up".
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 11:21am
There needs to be more support & facilities for our people that suffer from depression and suicidal tendencies.

As someone who had experience in trying to kill themselves years ago, I can tell you that when you're in that state of thought, it's SO HARD to be convinced otherwise that "things will get better" when you've been handed bad cards to play in life. It's VERY difficult to pull yourself outta that thick mud.....and it takes A LOT of strength & support to do so......but not everyone's strong enough to do it.

And in our community, there's so much lack of support, lack of empathy it's ridiculous. Suicide is not just something "that yt people do". Our thoughts on the issue needs to change.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 4:27pm

@thickblkbarbie, yes, isn't there usually a time right before the attempt where they appear to be really happy and upbeat?

a really good friend of mine has tried to multiple times, and she told me that going thru with it was the most selfless act that she could think to do, b/c she was a burden and she didn't want to be one anymore. her solution was to remove herself from the situation.

so yes, we may see it as selfish, but that is from the outside looking in. what do you think their thoughts/motivations about committing the act?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 19>
  Share Topic