FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Report: Lee Thompson Young found dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>

Author
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 9:01pm
You're welcome 

Edited by BBpants - Aug 20 2013 at 9:02pm
Sponsored Links

creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Sweet, what if he was related to u? What if he was ur husband? Or ur child? How would u honestly feel about ur opinion?

I would feel bad that he did it. I would feel like I wasn't good enough and he couldn't trust me enough to confide in me. I would feel like my love wasn't enough to make him happy or keep him alive.

You couldn't think about u. You would have to think about them.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

SweetNovember maybe BHM just doesnt like you...but I have always always always felt suicide was a selfish act.  Yea we dont know what he's going through but I still think its selfish. Your family is going to mourn for you.

I used to believe that suicide was selfish until my brother told me how he tried to commit suicide multiple times.  When loved ones die, we mourn for ourselves.  We mourn because we will never be able to tell them we love them or to hold and caress. We mourn because of the words left unsaid and most of all we mourn because the sense of loss overwhelms us and all we can think about is how much we are going to miss them.  However, it is selfish of us to want someone to continue living when it isn't in their will to do so.  Unless the person has dependents, I don't see the act as selfish anymore. 

I stay saying this.  When folks talk about why it's wrong they always talk on how it affects them.  They don't even try to consider what the person may have been dealing with.  Yeah family may mourn but when u hear them talk...it's me, me, I, me.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 9:44pm
As a suicide survivor, I have spent years thinking about this topic.  I don't think suicide is a selfish act, I think it is a self-absorbed act.  I don't think it has to do with anyone else, but more a person's thought suffocating them.  I think it also involves the inability to see the light at the end of the tunnel for what may be a very short period but still, we will never know.  

self·ish

< ="application/x-shockwave-flash" ="http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf" width="17" height="15" id="speaker" align="texttop" quality="high" loop="false" menu="false" salign="t" allowaccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" flashvars="=http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/audio/luna/S02/S0298400.mp3"> [sel-fish]  Show IPA
adjective
devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily withone's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless ofothers.
characterized by or manifesting concern or care only foroneself: selfish motives.

self-ab·sorbed

< ="application/x-shockwave-flash" ="http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf" width="17" height="15" id="speaker" align="texttop" quality="high" loop="false" menu="false" salign="t" allowaccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" flashvars="=http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/audio/luna/S02/S0284000.mp3"> [self-ab-sawrbd, -zawrbd, self-]  Show IPA
adjective
preoccupied with one's thoughts, interests, etc.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 10:08pm
All I ask is that before people judge and right folks off...at least try to find out what this person was dealing with. I've heard horror stories on this very site that had I been in the situation...i'da most likely killed myself.  It's always easy to say what u would do when speaking from a place of comfort and well being.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

As a suicide survivor, I have spent years thinking about this topic.  I don't think suicide is a selfish act, I think it is a self-absorbed act.  I don't think it has to do with anyone else, but more a person's thought suffocating them.  I think it also involves the inability to see the light at the end of the tunnel for what may be a very short period but still, we will never know.  

self·ish

< ="application/x-shockwave-flash" ="http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf" width="17" height="15" id="speaker" align="texttop" quality="high" loop="false" menu="false" salign="t" allowaccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" flashvars="=http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/audio/luna/S02/S0298400.mp3"> [sel-fish]  Show IPA
adjective
devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily withone's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless ofothers.
characterized by or manifesting concern or care only foroneself: selfish motives.

self-ab·sorbed

< ="application/x-shockwave-flash" ="http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf" width="17" height="15" id="speaker" align="texttop" quality="high" loop="false" menu="false" salign="t" allowaccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" flashvars="=http://static.sfdict.com/dictstatic/dictionary/audio/luna/S02/S0284000.mp3"> [self-ab-sawrbd, -zawrbd, self-]  Show IPA
adjective
preoccupied with one's thoughts problems, interests, etc.

As a fellow survivor I can kind of, sort of agree.   IMO though to say "pre-occupied with ones thoughts" is too simple.  It down plays that the person may be dealing with real sh*t.  Not just thoughts.
Im_oh_so_hott View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Im_oh_so_hott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 10:47pm
I've never seen an episode of Jett Jackson, but i remember him from Smallville, may he RIP.

Ummm sometimes the depression that brings a person to suicide is caused by their *&%^$#@Eed up parents/family.

stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 11:23pm
May he RIP.
This is very sad. You could not tell me I was not going to marry him in 6th grade.
thickblkbarbie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote thickblkbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 11:48pm
RIP, i used to work on a psych ward for 4 years,i saw first hand what depression was like, i still remember a pt who was about 20 yrs old, was discharge from the unit, stated he was okay, I remember writing notes in his chart before he left. He seemed very happy,but underneath the happiness, was sadness, a few days later he took his own life....I remember coming in to work, and my co workers were very sad.
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 10:45am
this is very sad to hear. I never saw him on Disney channel but I LOVED him on Rosili and Isles... that was a great show. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>
  Share Topic