FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Report: Lee Thompson Young found dead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>

Author
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:05pm
I'm still not ready to accept this. Been a fan since Jett Jackson. His eyes...we used to always think he was wearing eyeliner at the bottom. So much talent too. Cry 

Sponsored Links

melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:10pm
I'm probably the only person in this forum who has never heard of him,
( I heard about the tragedy on facebook) but his face looks really familiar. It's a tragedy when someone who has everything(looks, career, money, youth) has to take their own life. Who knows what he could of been or what he would of being doing years from now. He was really a gorgeous young man and he probably would of gotten married and made some really beautiful babies.

Edited by melly - Aug 20 2013 at 7:11pm
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:14pm
I feel so superficial but he was beyond beautiful. God took his time when he made him lawd.

But RIP. NO ONE knows what he was going through. Instead of judging him for making his family mourn, why not assess how horrible this man must have felt to think the only way he could be happy was to not feel at all?

If only he knew how much he was loved. I'm sure he was surrounded by users due to his early fame. :(
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:14pm
I remember playing the Jett Jackson game on Disney Channel when it was still Zoog Disney. Man, memories!
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

If you want to keep talking about it that's fine by me. But that's my opinion and I don't see it changing. No one else apologizes for their opinions so I'm not apologizing for mine.
don't. *shrug* 

you're welcome to your opinion and the only person (i've noticed) that mentioned otherwise or mentioned having to apologize is you.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:18pm
While I do understand how some can feel the act is selfish on the person behalf to commit suicide it could also be looked at as if the family is being selfish by thinking of their own mourning more so than what that person was going through at that time.  Who's to say who is right or wrong for feeling like they do but I can understand both sides of the coin.  Sad regardless.

ETA :

For me its a case by case matter

I thought it was selfish when Fanny attempted to kill herself over her babydaddy.

I didnt think it was selfish when Don Cornillus (sp) killed himself after years of dealing with his illness.

Like most topics i judge each somewhat differently.

Edited by Gkisses - Aug 20 2013 at 7:22pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:26pm
i never watched this show surprisingly
but it is always sad whenever anyone thinks that their only option is death
especially a young black man who seems to be successful
you see my glory but you don't know my story

Edited by EPITOME - Aug 20 2013 at 7:27pm
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

SweetNovember maybe BHM just doesnt like you...but I have always always always felt suicide was a selfish act.  Yea we dont know what he's going through but I still think its selfish. Your family is going to mourn for you.

I used to believe that suicide was selfish until my brother told me how he tried to commit suicide multiple times.  When loved ones die, we mourn for ourselves.  We mourn because we will never be able to tell them we love them or to hold and caress. We mourn because of the words left unsaid and most of all we mourn because the sense of loss overwhelms us and all we can think about is how much we are going to miss them.  However, it is selfish of us to want someone to continue living when it isn't in their will to do so.  Unless the person has dependents, I don't see the act as selfish anymore. 
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

SweetNovember maybe BHM just doesnt like you...but I have always always always felt suicide was a selfish act.  Yea we dont know what he's going through but I still think its selfish. Your family is going to mourn for you.

I used to believe that suicide was selfish until my brother told me how he tried to commit suicide multiple times.  When loved ones die, we mourn for ourselves.  We mourn because we will never be able to tell them we love them or to hold and caress. We mourn because of the words left unsaid and most of all we mourn because the sense of loss overwhelms us and all we can think about is how much we are going to miss them.  However, it is selfish of us to want someone to continue living when it isn't in their will to do so.  Unless the person has dependents, I don't see the act as selfish anymore. 

I totally agree Ash.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2013 at 8:11pm
And sh*t....ain't a damn thing wrong with being selfish.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
  Share Topic