Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Report Due on handing of Mitrice Richardson's Case
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Report Due on handing of Mitrice Richardson's Case

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Report Due on handing of Mitrice Richardson's Case
    Posted: Mar 14 2012 at 3:00pm
This article will be updated.
Quote An independent report examining the handling of Mitrice Richardson's remains by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department is expected to be released Wednesday.

The county's Office of Independent Review is scheduled to release its report at noon.

The 24-year-old Richardson went missing in 2009 after being released from the sheriff's Malibu/Lost Hills station around midnight without a car, phone or money.

Her body was found almost a year later in a Malibu Canyon ravine.  

Sheriff’s and coroner’s officials agreed to launch an inquiry into the handling of her remains in November 2010 after the coroner's office said they were moved from the ravine without its permission. 

Sponsored Links

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 6:12pm
thanks for the update
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 6:14pm
Clap

rip Mitrice.
beautydeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beautydeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:32am
Im so happy to have just seen a commercial for an episode telling Mitrice's story on the ID channel, on the show Disappeared. After seeing the previews, i can't wait to see it. It comes on next monday at 10 pm. 

Tragic story, i hope her family can gain some peace or closure from this.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:34am
did the family ever sue the department?
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:40am

Settlement in Mitrice Richardson Lawsuit Awaits Parents' Signatures

• Board of Supervisors Announces Its Approval on Public Agenda This Week

BY ANNE SOBLE

The unmarried parents of Mitrice Richardson are expected to sign the paperwork this week awarding each of them $450,000 to terminate their claims of negligence and wrongful death against Los Angeles County.

The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors approved a settlement total of $900,000 in a closed-door meeting on Aug. 16, subject to all parties signing the agreement. Sources in the county indicated that the contract counsel representing its case had made offers as low as $100,000.

Sources further said that the matter would not have been put before the board if there was not an expectation of its acceptance by the parents who had filed separate lawsuits alleging negligence by the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department that were then consolidated.

The matter was agendized on Tuesday's board meeting as item CS (4), which noted that the board unanimously (4-0) "approved the settlement in Latice Sutton v. County of Los Angeles; Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC 440685 and Michael Richardson v. County of Los Angeles, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC 442405—A wrongful death case alleging that Los Angeles Sheriff's Department conduct contributed to the death of plaintiffs' decedent."

Richardson disappeared on Sept. 17, 2009, after she was released from the custody of the Lost Hills Sheriff's Station shortly after midnight on foot, without her purse or cell phone.

She had been booked the previous evening for alleged inability to pay an $89 dinner tab at Geoffrey's restaurant, where patrons and staff said she was behaving bizarrely.

Family members kept up a media drumbeat that the 24-year-old honors college graduate did not receive medical attention for what might have been the onset of a bipolar condition.

Richardson's naked and partially mummified skeletal remains were found 11 months later in a remote area of Malibu Canyon about seven miles from the Lost Hills Station.

Richardson's remains, interred in Inglewood Park Cemetery, were exhumed last month by the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office so they and another nine bones confirmed to be hers could be restudied.

Her parents, Latice Sutton and Michael Richardson, also have maintained that the LASD's initial handling of their daughter's remains prevented determination of the cause of her death, a claim that is also asserted by the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office.

The parents' consolidated litigation had been pared down considerably by Judge William Fahey and was set for trial next month.

Many supporters following the case had expressed a preference that the matter go to trial so that discovery and depositions could be made public. Unconfirmed rumors about retractions and inconsistent testimony have been rife during the discovery process.

With settlement often comes agreements that curtail the public statements and actions of the settling plaintiffs. In addition, there has been no official word on the effect settlement will have on any ongoing investigation.

Until everyone has signed on their respective dotted lines, LASD spokesperson Steve Whitmore said, "I do not have confirmation on any final settlement so I wouldn't have a comment at this time."

Neither parent's website has made reference to a legal settlement. However, Michael Richardson made an enigmatic comment on a social media page three weeks ago that he "is cashing in now." Sutton has not yet responded to settlement inquiries publicly.

Not sure how I feel about the parents settling....eta: this article is dated August 25th

Edited by Tbaby - Nov 12 2012 at 10:50am
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:44am
The father has no say in the settlement . ^^^ The mother made the choice without contacing him per the last conversation I had with her dad . I would never settle . Cry
PS. The mother agreed to sign a while back .

Edited by india100 - Nov 12 2012 at 10:50am
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:03am
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

The father has no say in the settlement . ^^^ The mother made the choice without contacing him per the last conversation I had with her dad . I would never settle . Cry

if they signed and can't say anything else publicly, that could be why there's no new info.  India why do you say the father has no say yet he's getting 450K?
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

if they signed and can't say anything else publicly, that could be why there's no new info.  India why do you say the father has no say yet he's getting 450K?
Mitirice father told me that the mother sign without his consent . All donations where placed in her bank account . I no longer have contact with the father . Prior to finding her body, the man sold his car to help fund the search . I Guess he change his mind . Cry  

Edited by india100 - Nov 12 2012 at 11:18am
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:35am

With all due respect, you don't know what you would so in their shoes
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System