BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Repentance (Horror Movie) Forest Whitaker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repentance (Horror Movie) Forest Whitaker
    Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 7:16pm

For those of you who've expressed that you're suffering from "black rom-com fatigue," here's another look at the upcoming psychological thriller, Repentance (previously titled Vipaka).

It's been quite an active last 12 months for Jeff Clanagan and his CodeBlack Films, since the launch of 2012's partnership with Lionsgate (also a company that's been on a hit streak lately).

On the heels of successful releases like Kevin Hart: Let Me ExplainGeorge Tillman Jr.'s The Inevitable Defeat Of Mister And Pete, and Shola Lynch's Free Angela And All Political Prisoners, Codeblack picked up US distribution rights to Forest Whitaker‘s thriller Repentance (previously titled Vipaka), last summer, with plans to release the film on February 28, 2014, in a limited release.

The southern gothic stars Whitaker, Anthony MackieSanaa LathanNicole Ari Parker and Mike Epps.

It made its world premiere at the Slamdance Film Festival in Park City, UT last year, and was the opening night film at the Pan African Film Festival the following February. 

The film's official synopsis reads:

Years after a drunken car crash that almost took his life, Thomas Carter (Anthony Mackie) has reinvented himself as a therapist/spiritual advisor who advocates a synthesis of world religions and positivity. He’s parlayed this vocation into a successful book release that one day draws the attention of Angel Sanchez (Forest Whitaker), a profoundly troubled man fixated on the “untimely” death of his mother. When Carter takes on Sanchez as a personal client in an effort to raise funds for his indebted brother Ben (Mike Epps), things quickly take a turn for the worse. Angel needs much more than a simple life coach. What may be simple to grasp for some is the idea that single actions in the past comprise tidal waves of reactions in the present.

French/Lebanese director Philippe Caland (Boxing Helena) directed the film.

The Juntobox Films production was scripted by Shintaro Shimosawa, producer by Nina Yang Bongiovi, Whitaker and Calland.

Edited by SamoneLenior - Feb 17 2014 at 7:21pm
Sponsored Links

fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 7:30pm
daaaaamn that trailer was dope. i love movies psychological thrillers, tbh. hopefully it gets released here.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 7:56pm
I'll def check it out if it comes down here.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 7:57pm
It looks good. I cannot wait!
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 8:32pm
Awwwww yeah! Will check it out! Just watched "The inevitable defeat of Mister and Pete", and it was so good. Jennifer Hudson was in it and the little boy (Mister) is a break out star! Code Black has come up!
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 8:49pm
This is so good for Black Hollywood. I'll definitely go see it.
harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:08pm
Hmm seem interesting. I like Whitaker as an actor so I'll watch.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:16pm
In there like swimwear
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:18pm
A psychological thriller with a black cast?   I ain't even gotta watch the trailer to say that I will support.
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:26pm
Reminds me of Eve's Bayou kind of.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>