Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rep. Grimm Threatens to Throw Reporter Off Balcony
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Rep. Grimm Threatens to Throw Reporter Off Balcony

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 2:55pm
I' m mad that the camera man didn't swing the camera to the left so we could see their faces.

So has Mr. Grimm responded to this video yet? off to google

Edited by Ladycoils - Jan 29 2014 at 2:56pm
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 2:57pm
yeah he apologized. I'm sure the fact that he was caught on t ape was a big part of the reason.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 3:00pm

WASHINGTON (CBS New York/AP) – Staten Island
Rep. Michael Grimm said he was “wrong” for threatening a reporter with violence after Tuesday night’s State of the Union address.

After cutting the reporter off, Grimm told Scotto, “You ever do that to me again I’ll throw you off this (expletive) balcony.” He also threatened to “break (Scotto) in half.”

Grimm issued a statement Wednesday saying he has apologized to Scotto, which he said the reporter has “graciously accepted.”

“I was wrong,” Grimm said in the statement. “I shouldn’t have allowed my emotions to get the better of me and lose my cool.”
 “This was an unfortunate incident that shouldn’t have happened and I am sure my Italian mother is going to be yelling at me saying, ‘you weren’t raised that way,’ and she’s right,” said the congressman.

In a tweet, Scotto confirmed the congressman called to apologize.

https://twitter.com/mikescotto/status/428560145942319105

Scotto said he was surprised at Grimm’s reaction Tuesday night, but did not feel it was a serious threat and wants to “move on.”

“It was a short conversation, we weren’t one on one, speaking face to face. But it seemed from what he was saying that he was sincere but also at the same time, he is aware of kind of the negative press that he’s been getting as a result of this,” Scotto told WCBS 880′s Rich Lamb on Wednesday.

Scotto added he never felt endangered by Grimm’s threats but said the congressman “was the angriest I have ever seen any politician.”

Grimm had issued an earlier statement after the incident in which he said he was “extremely annoyed” with Scotto and doubted he was the “first member of Congress to tell off a reporter.”

“The reporter knew that I was in a hurry and was only there to comment on the State of the Union, but insisted on taking a disrespectful and cheap shot at the end of the interview, because I did not have time to speak off-topic,” he said in the earlier statement. “I verbally took the reporter to task and told him off, because I expect a certain level of professionalism and respect, especially when I go out of my way to do that reporter a favor.”

Meanwhile, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Wednesday that House leadership should denounce Grimm’s actions, Lamb reported.

“You don’t threaten reporters physically,” said de Blasio. “It was a physical threat. It’s unacceptable and, look, I think all of us who go into public life accept a higher set of standards. It’s by definition. To threaten someone, that’s something that no public servant should do.”

Grimm is up for reelection this fall. His district stretches into Brooklyn and is considered a “swing” district. Grimm won two years ago with just 53-percent of the vote.

Edited by PurplePhase - Jan 29 2014 at 3:01pm
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 3:11pm
Quote “This was an unfortunate incident that shouldn’t have happened and I am sure my Italian mother is going to be yelling at me saying, ‘you weren’t raised that way,’ and she’s right,” said the congressman.

And of course everything is "an unfortunate incident" or "mistake" or "out of character" when it's one of them showing their thug ass. Man, look.....Ermm

I don't think there's a side eye gif epic enough for that fraganacle(sp?) bull. Ermm

Edited by FarraFace - Jan 29 2014 at 4:16pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 3:19pm
^^right
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:18pm
I'm sure his mother was the one who taught him how to act. It's how they roll in that thug mafia culture.Stern Smile
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:24pm
Reporter should've pressed charges!
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I'm sure his mother was the one who taught him how to act. It's how they roll in that thug mafia culture.Stern Smile

Gurrrrrrrrrl! Thank you!

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

yeah he apologized. I'm sure the fact that he was caught on t ape was a big part of the reason.
The devil only apologize due to the camera footage  . Thumbs Down
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 4:39pm
The Ed Show on msnbc just called Rep. Grimm a thug.Heart
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic