FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

RENT PARTY!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:24pm
They had gofundme on lock before gofundme thought of it
Sponsored Links

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

is this true of the origin?  1990s?

<<Led Black, who is directing a documentary, “Nutcracker Inc.,” traces the birth of the drink back to Flor de Mayo, a Latin restaurant on the Upper West Side that added the beverage to its menu in the ’90s>>

I dont know...Everything I know about the Nutcracker is from the New York Times article b/c I had never even seen it until after the article and I would see the Jolly Rancher colored drinks that looked like Quarter Water in the plastic bottles. I think that people are way too brazen with it though. Holding it up in the air while they are dancing to the house music and what not LOL

NaturesGift, can you fill us in with any info on the history of Nutcracker in Harlem? Thank you kindly...
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:27pm
now rickys you know funerals are just week long celebrations and big bashments with nuff liquor and curry and big sound system set up and the ummm ratchet dancehall segment PLUS the bands!! Its like a mini-vacay , a spring break type all food and liquor inclusive or maybe just food. Ive ever seen the bands but they carrying on with a piece of singing and music making and dancing and merriment the whole night. Spanish town seems to have a set of bands that can rival any country band,

Sometimes i want to post picson BHM of what some yardies wear to funerals but i cant do my people so!!!

Glam i just wanna know if i buy it will obama revoke my B1/B2 visa? Im going to read the article, i also find the existence of "'dry towns/counties" hilarious as well. Its 2015!!!!

ETA glam i remember reading the article now. quarter waters do you know how many years it took me to understand what a quarter water was, i wanna say it was Gkisses that posted a pic in one of the throwback kids snacks and junk food threads. I had them but i dont know if it was when i was in Ja or summers in mia

Edited by Diane (35) - Apr 20 2015 at 4:32pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

They had gofundme on lock before gofundme thought of it

Yesssss!!! The gent that I am talking about has it on COMPLETE LOCK!!!!LOLLOLLOL
If he isnt at a family event, I am pissed (although I am not adding a penny into his pocket nor his transportation allotment)LOLLOLLOL
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

now rickys you know funerals are just week long celebrations and big bashments with nuff liquor and curry and big sound system set up and the ummm ratchet dancehall segment PLUS the bands!! Its like a mini-vacay , a spring break type all food and liquor inclusive or maybe just food. Ive ever seen the bands but they carrying on with a piece of singing and music making and dancing and merriment the whole night. Spanish town seems to have a set of bands that can rival any country band,

Sometimes i want to post picson BHM of what some yardies wear to funerals but i cant do my people so!!!

Glam i just wanna know if i buy it will obama revoke my B1/B2 visa? Im going to read the article, i also find the existence of "'dry towns/counties" hilarious as well. Its 2015!!!!

Trust me, I know about the funerals as though I havent been to one b/c i have heard the stories my whole life and seen the pictures. I know what you mean though, i most definitely respect not posting pix of it/not airing the dirty laundry LOL

I traveled to a funeral a few weeks ago and though there was no band and party, the people are pretty much supposed to do the American version of 'Sitting Shiva' where you are quietly comforting and assisting the bereaved, cooking, bringing food and answering the phone calls, cleaning the house and these idiots had all 2 floors of the house and the basement rockin like a house party without music til 3am when the bereaved got out of the bed and started flicking off the lights and kicking everybody out LOL Why are you at someones house eating and drinking til 3am and the funeral starts a few hours later?

I heard about the duration of certain West African funerals too, the ones that start late and go til midnight. My friend that ran a funeral home told me that midnight wasnt even late for them to end.

No one would give you a ticket for drinking the nutcracker in NYC. If you are brazen with it out and up in the air like how drunk people wave their red cup of likka, the cops would just make you throw it away or put it down. Too much real crime occuring for them to ticket you. The person who is selling it could get arrested depending on how many bottles they have on them but even in the article, they explain that the main concern is that it is not being sold to the underaged/kids, etc.

I mean dam...The OP could be the person to take the nutcracker recipe from NYC to Arizona and make a killing off of it is she is smart....

Edited by NJHairLuv - Apr 20 2015 at 4:41pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I don't like seafood

No meat no booze no seafood...what's left..

PaynusLOLLOL

LOL
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:44pm
anytime I get a story of woe and travail that urgently needs money, I have to check Facebook, call the grapevine

Because blood pressure medicine money can quickly turn into pics on a yacht in Jamaica ... This is fresh off my newsfeed

Yes Diane ... There was a funeral last Friday, had a huge projector, sound stage, dj/vj etc ... That didn't hurt my feelings, neither did the sketel frocks ... The whole heap a skin teet and mogel pose is what had me

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:46pm
Is a liquor license hard to get?

Guess it depends on the county
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:47pm
pics on a yacht in Jamaica
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i CAN NOTTTT lolllllLLLLLLLOLOOOLLLL

It now all makes sense to me that the term 'Celebration of Life' is extremely fitting when you are black worldwide
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2015 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Is a liquor license hard to get?

Guess it depends on the county

Liquor license in my area are beyond difficult...plus, there is no license allowed for street liquor here. it is not allowed in any way. liquor license in my region are no longer being created - you have to purchase an establishment that has a grandfathered liquor license and on top of purchasing the restaurant, you have to pay a minumum of 100k to purchase a liquor license. A lot of BYOB in NJ and a lot of people getting paid under the table to pull strings for liquor licenses...here is an excerpt from a local news article:

http://www.northjersey.com/news/business/liquor-licensing-faulted-1.1060238

"The law breeds corruption, inefficiency, delay and costs," he said.

Right now, there's a disparity in the cost of a liquor license from town to town, because of the demand and dearth of licenses in certain towns. The Cheesecake Factory at the Mall at Short Hills paid $2.3 million for its license, Jacobs said. In Livingston, a license goes for $850,000, and in Clifton, one costs less than $100,000.

It's onerous for a standalone eatery to get a liquor license, Jacobs said. A 2,500-square-foot restaurant costs from $250,000 to $300,000 to build-out and equip, he said. So a liquor license at $250,000 or $300,000 or $500,000 costs would cost more than the restaurant itself, he said.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Apr 20 2015 at 4:55pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
  Share Topic