Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedRemy vs Virgin

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lea11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remy vs Virgin
    Posted: Feb 25 2012 at 9:25pm
Okay so I have spent the last 2 days researching the board and I am still confuse. so can someone please explain the difference between remy hair vs virgin hair vs. remy virgin like I was a 3 yr old. 

like for example if i order virgin hair with cuticles aligned from a CV is that the same as remy hair???Cry
Sponsored Links

Tokyocereza View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2012 at 10:29am
Remy is the cuticles are intact and all going in the same direction. Virgin means it hasn't been processed. Hair can be remy but processed (and likely will be from a CV). Hair can be virgin (unprocessed) and not be remy.

Lea11 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2012 at 6:58am
Originally posted by Tokyocereza Tokyocereza wrote:

Remy is the cuticles are intact and all going in the same direction. Virgin means it hasn't been processed. Hair can be remy but processed (and likely will be from a CV). Hair can be virgin (unprocessed) and not be remy.

I guess I kinda understand. But is far as pricing, which is normally more expensive virgin hair or virgin remy?

Kami612 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2012 at 11:32am
Virgin remy is normally more expensive. IMO buying any hair that does not have cuticles intact & aligned is a waste of money.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2012 at 9:42am
Virgin is expected to be both remy and unprocessed, so they go hand in hand at that point (usually). Virgin will cost you more as it's supposedly in its best form, but I think from a CV you're unlikely to get virgin, absolutely no processing hair. Maybe virgin Chinese straight. But all that wavy, curly, kinky...it's not virgin.
Kami612 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2012 at 11:19am
Originally posted by prettypurple88 prettypurple88 wrote:

Virgin hair is better because it will last you longer the fact that you can wear it wavy when wet or straight I love remy hair is also ok if you just want a cute style for a short time than go with remy hair but if your looking for long term virgin I have virgin and every day people ask me at my job if I got new hair and I have to tell them no I just washed it or no I just got a blow out

Not true, depending on the quality and how a vendor processed the hair it can last for a while. Several people on the board have constantly reused processed hair. I have blow dried & straightened my wavy processed hair plenty of times & the waves always pop back when I wash. Constantly straightening curly hair regardless of it is virgin or remy runs the risk of relaxing the curl pattern.

Edited by Kami612 - Feb 28 2012 at 11:20am
Kami612 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2012 at 11:19am
DP

Edited by Kami612 - Feb 28 2012 at 11:20am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2012 at 2:23pm

I guess we can agree to disagree because I have used remy goddess over and over and it doesn't look as nice as virgin hair

I think Goddess Remy would be in the BSS category rather than with the processed hair that many of the ladies order around here. They're both processed, but quite different in quality. Processed hair can last a long time. Some virgin hair can lose its quality. It really just depends on a lot of factors.
Kami612 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2012 at 6:42pm

I guess we can agree to disagree because I have used remy goddess over and over and it doesn't look as nice as virgin hair

I don't believe that any of the hair in the BSS is actually remy. For the most part hair in the BSS is over processed Indian/Chinese hair coated in some kind of silicone to make it look nice for 3 weeks. The processed hair that most members use are from CVs and AVs.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic