FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Removing lint/buildup from braids

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
GreenGiant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenGiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing lint/buildup from braids
    Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 3:13pm
I'm taking my hair down next week. I've been wearing them for about 4 weeks. My hair always gets those lint tangles that get caught on knots in my hair and its a pain. I was wondering if anyone had any remedies they use to add to the hair and help break down the tangles/lint. I was thinking of using a prepoo to add some assistance. 
Sponsored Links

alexasmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexasmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 5:00pm
*Waiting with notepad and pen*
Curly Puff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curly Puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 5:03pm
Usually for me conditioner, water or oil helps. If you just keep it moisturized then it shouldn't be a problem.
dashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 5:09pm

I used to get them too before I knew how to take care of my hair in braids. Basically it's a must to sleep with a scarf or hair bonnet. Avoid product build up by washing weekly and moisturising atleast once a day.

How to remove lint would be to soak your braids with a detangler and conditoner before taking the braids down. i have never used oil but sounds like a good thing to add too, especially if you don't have a detangler to hand.
GreenGiant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenGiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2011 at 10:50pm
thanks for the info. I do use a satin bonnet and i spray them with a mix of water and conditioner every day and I cowash them once a week. I took one out last week and to my dismay I still had gunk in them.Unhappy
katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2011 at 12:34pm
the gunk is inevitable, but if you follow what they suggested, which i agree to, the gunk will literally slip right off and take the shed hair with it.
Hair Lova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Lova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2011 at 9:16pm
i was looking for information myself. I wanna take me braids down only because it's full of snow Dead! I meant to buy some detangler but i have non so i guess I will try oil and conditioner. Detangler works wonderfully thought, dammit Lamp.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic