FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Removing Kinky Twists

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
relaxd2natural View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxd2natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing Kinky Twists
    Posted: Jun 14 2010 at 5:23pm
Hey Guys, I'm nearing the end of my kinky twists life and need your help Smile

What is the best way to remove them? I can't cut the ends because my hair is as long as the twists.

I was thinking maybe soaking them in evoo and coconut oil? lol should i undoe them in conditioner water? Or perhaps use a combing conditioner? Does a rat tail comb help? Denman?

Wanna keep my hair healthy and not break off this AMAZING 1.5 inches of new growth I have Smile

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxd2natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2010 at 5:23pm
btw....YAY! This is my first topic Clap
DeeDee58517 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeDee58517 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2010 at 6:12pm
When I took mines out, I just un-twisted them starting at the bottom. I didn't comb out any knots until I doused my hair with conditioner... I used a denman, a wide tooth and a rat tail...
*Redbone <3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Redbone <3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2010 at 10:36pm
I agree with DeeDee.

I take my hair out in sections,
and detangle in sections so i wont feel overwhelmed
combing my hair out.

I put condition on my hair to loosen it up
and i detangle with a wide tooth comd.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxd2natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2010 at 7:23am
Wow you guys make it sound easy Smile 

Do you unravel wet or dry?
Kenudle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenudle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2010 at 9:15am
Originally posted by relaxd2natural relaxd2natural wrote:

Wow you guys make it sound easy [IMG]http://talk.blackhairmedia.com/smileys/smiley1.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Smile" />

Do you unravel wet or dry?

Dry... at least i do

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxd2natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2010 at 10:31pm
Ok perfect I'll try it dry. Most of my twists are hanging an inch off my head so I'm definitely ready.

Surprisingly, everyone is telling me not to take them out.......idk.....but I will definitely keep you ladies updated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxd2natural Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2010 at 3:37pm
you guys..........this removal was horrible Dead
I took them out over a period of 3 days and washed my hair Thursday  and my hair DREADED while IN the shower!!!! Cry I've literally been detangling dreads for the past 48 hours and I'm STILL not done sob*

I'm never getting kinky twists again
khepri22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khepri22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2010 at 6:25pm
Did you try to detangle before you washed? How long did you have them in?
DeeDee58517 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeeDee58517 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2010 at 8:26pm
Oh I'm sorryyy! This happened to me the first time I removed my kinky twists. How well did you detangle? what steps did you take after removing the twists?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic