Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Remember the Pressing Comb ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:30pm
DP

Edited by Az~Maverick - Feb 08 2013 at 11:33pm
Sponsored Links

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I have horrible memories of the hot comb. My mom would grease my hair before she used the hot comb and I would literally hear/feel the sizzle of the grease as she used the hot comb. I cried every time Cry

Omg, yes!

I would be so scurred then have that hot grease ooze on your scalp.....good times, I tell you, good times!
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 1:11am
nyc- mom ouch you burned me
mom-hush its just the grease
nyc-nah im pretty sure that was metal against my head.

shytttttttttt.

but one thing.. between that hot comb n grease.. my hair stayed straight.. no matter how much i sweat. it was straight until wash day.

when i flat iron my natural hair after a good sweat.. im back to afro status. lol
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Heck Yeah....still own one
so does my mom...the same one she burnt my ears off with when i was a kid.Sleepy
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 1:22am
I remember a piece of my hair reverted on picture day when I was like 7 or 8 after she used the pressing comb to get it straight. It was right before I left to go walk to school and my mom had the ironing board and iron still out. Sure enough, she had me come over and she 'ironed' that piece out. Even she was laughing at herself while she ironed while I was scared I was going to get burned. 

In the end, it actually looked okay.DisapproveLOL
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 1:25am
I got heat damage from a marcel iron last year. Went to some "beautician" I didn't know. Asked her if she put in heat protection and she said yes (probably was more like some type of grease or pink oil, ughhh!) Then I smelled burnt hair. I asked her to tone it down, she said she would. Then the dude with the business next door came rushing in, asking if something was burning in here. From then on, I knew my hair was toast.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I got heat damage from a marcel iron last year. Went to some "beautician" I didn't know. Asked her if she put in heat protection and she said yes (probably was more like some type of grease or pink oil, ughhh!) Then I smelled burnt hair. I asked her to tone it down, she said she would. Then the dude with the business next door came rushing in, asking if something was burning in here. From then on, I knew my hair was toast.
Pink oil is bad for any type of hair . Marceli rons are great if the tech knows how to use one . I would have slap her lol .
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 10:38am
my gramma used to get my hair straight as sh*t.  I used to fall asleep in her chair when she did my hair.  Even with the best flat irons on the market....they still didn't yield the same results as

Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 11:21am
I still have burn marks on my ears. My mother always found a way to me for getting burned, I could have been still as a statue and I think she would have tapped my ears with that hot comb regardless. 

aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 11:38am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

my gramma used to get my hair straight as sh*t.  I used to fall asleep in her chair when she did my hair.  Even with the best flat irons on the market....they still didn't yield the same results as

I agree. I have an electric one that I use on my roots, I still want one that you put on a stove. I just can't get with these newfangled, space technology, infrared laser light flatirons nowdays, I feel as though the bad effects won't surface until later. I wish I could find a metal plate flatiron.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>