Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Remember the Pressing Comb ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 8:54pm
Oddly enough, Marcel irons don't scare me. But I would only want them used in a professional setting. At home I think I'd be too freaked out lol. 
Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

my aunt was a beautician and her shop was in the back of her house

so my little cousin wanted me to do her hair

well I burned some of her hair off

I tried to tuck it in but you can't hide the smell of burnt hair

she didn't seem to mind though

damn marcel irons and stove
I own ever size , but have no idea how to use one . I Press several children and adults hair in my home when I have time . Good business Today .
VelvetOne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote VelvetOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:26pm
CryTo  Ms V. my old school beautician may she RIP.Unhappy 
What I wouldn't do for an old school press and curl.
Last week went to my weaveologist and she blow dried and curled my hair im sitting here now thinking nope, may have to get weaved back up before the end of March.  Don't like these taking out your weaves break.
   Anddddd don't like the fact that my kitchen has moved to the living room. LOLLOL Im feeling nothing but kinks on my forehead ( I mean real tight curls...)LOLLOLLOL

A straigthening comb and curlers for the win!!!!!Clap

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by VelvetOne VelvetOne wrote:

CryTo  Ms V. my old school beautician may she RIP.Unhappy 
What I wouldn't do for an old school press and curl.
Last week went to my weaveologist and she blow dried and curled my hair im sitting here now thinking nope, may have to get weaved back up before the end of March.  Don't like these taking out your weaves break.
   Anddddd don't like the fact that my kitchen has moved to the living room. LOLLOL Im feeling nothing but kinks on my forehead ( I mean real tight curls...)LOLLOLLOL

A straigthening comb and curlers for the win!!!!!Clap

Thumbs UpLOLCry
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Oddly enough, Marcel irons don't scare me. But I would only want them used in a professional setting. At home I think I'd be too freaked out lol. 
I had one. I thought I looked cute with my 500 degree curls. LOL. Dead
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:44pm
I have horrible memories of the hot comb. My mom would grease my hair before she used the hot comb and I would literally hear/feel the sizzle of the grease as she used the hot comb. I cried every time Cry
PurrPoZe View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurrPoZe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I have horrible memories of the hot comb. My mom would grease my hair before she used the hot comb and I would literally hear/feel the sizzle of the grease as she used the hot comb. I cried every time Cry

I came here to say this Cry It was always painful...my mother's young white washed ass would say it pays to be beautiful
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by PurrPoZe PurrPoZe wrote:

Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I came here to say this Cry It was always painful...my mother's young white washed ass would say it pays to be beautiful
DeadLOL
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:17pm

I've only ever had my hair pressed once in my life, at around 7 yrs old.
Grandma's friend did it. It didn't burn, hurt, nothing. I went to her with NL hair, left her house with APL hair.
It was a glorious day. Played in my hair ALL day. Went to sleep that night, and woke the next day feeling like Cinderella after the clock struck 12. My hair had reverted back to NL and I was mad. Why didn't anyone warn me?

My 4C hair be like, Who gon check me boo? Heat who?

Edited by Derri - Feb 08 2013 at 11:23pm
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 11:20pm
I used to overdo heat but since I've been on this natural kick now I'm afraid of it. I still have an electric one though. I prefer flat irons.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>