Mynx Hair

Author
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remedy for Dry Weave Hair
    Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 8:07am
What's your secret?  What do you use?

I have washed my install with moisturizing shampoo, that is sulfate free, used a moisturizing deep
conditioner, and spritzed it with Infusium Moisturizing leave in treatment that has been diluted with watr, that keeps it moisturized for about 2 days.  So I've resorted to also cowashing it with moisturizing condish....between shampoos.  Honestly, I'm getting a little tired of all the maintenance. AngryLOL  Although I bet it's doing wonders for my natural hair under the weave. 
Sponsored Links

miamiu27 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 8:23am

Talia what type of hair do you have installed. I do pretty much the same thing, i use a moisturizing shampoo, moisturizing condish and any type of spray leave in within reach. I have in curly so i put a frizz contol on it as well.

Other than what you are doing i don't know what to suggest. I did a two day condish on my bdogg curly and its like brand new. Maybe someone else will be able to help out.
just_1_me View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 9:05am
Smile
You can try K-pak reconstructor by joico or the k-pak intense hydrstor..those might help :-)
NAAN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 9:21am
Originally posted by talia talia wrote:

What's your secret?  What do you use?

I have washed my install with moisturizing shampoo, that is sulfate free, used a moisturizing deep
conditioner, and spritzed it with Infusium Moisturizing leave in treatment that has been diluted with watr, that keeps it moisturized for about 2 days.  So I've resorted to also cowashing it with moisturizing condish....between shampoos.  Honestly, I'm getting a little tired of all the maintenance. AngryLOL  Although I bet it's doing wonders for my natural hair under the weave. 

I have indian wavy on & followed the same regimen  for a week or so but the hair still got very dry
so I decided to also moisturise with a bit of olive oil moituriser and/ abit of Indian hair oil at least twice a week - it got rid of the dryness.
talia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 9:22am
Miamiu - I have wavy hair installed.  As I posted it gets dry...but maybe a two day moisturizing rx might quench it's thirst.....hey it certainly can't hurt my hair underneath the weave. 

Just 1 me - thanks I'm going to try that!
cocobarbie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 9:25am
I was an Abba user until I tried MOP intense moisture shampoo and conditioner. I'm wearing KC and it works wonders for keeping the hair hydrated. In the mornings, I spritz with a little water and scrunch with my hands and go! *You can find the MOP line at ULTA, however I find mines at TJMAxx for like 5.99*HTH
mistyknightwin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 10:53am

I've been using Morraccan (sp) oil on my weaves and if it's really bad I use their sheen spray... I just dab like a dime size in my hand and then run it through my weave or no more than 3 squirts of the spray. It helps with the dryness but because it's so light it doesn't weigh it down...I also use it on natural hair when I don't have weaves....

http://www.beautyshoppers.com/MOROCCANOIL-Oil-Treatment-p/7290011521134.htm

Edited by mistyknightwin - Aug 30 2011 at 10:55am
missyo67 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 11:02am
Protein then deep moisture treatment.  I like Aphogee 2step to help the hair receive the moisture from the conditioners. If your hair is processed the Aphogee will help followed by the moisture.  Also, consider coconut oil to seal in the moisture.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 11:07am
I've been using Dominican Products lately.

I've been trying to cut down on the number of products I use.  I think I found a miracle in a jar: Miss Keys 10 en 1 conditioner.  I use it as both a deep moisturizing conditioning treatment and a leave in and I have to say it keeps my weave hair AND my own hair moisturized, soft and tangle free.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2011 at 3:08pm
KeraCare Humecto.....hands down.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic