FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Remedies for period cramps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
I <3 KimK. Hair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I <3 KimK. Hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 6:41pm
Get a strong herbal chamomile tea. It specifically soothes upset stomachs. and do some situps. any exercise that makes your abdominal muscles contract really helps stop the pain.
Sponsored Links

misjaghuar View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misjaghuar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 6:46pm
noooooo you ladies are waaaayyyy off.

I TASK YOU TO TRY SIT UPS, DO 15 THEN WAIT A BIT AND DO ANOTHER 15 AND THE BLOOD WILL START FLOWING FREE. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. SIT-UPS.
breBR3bre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breBR3bre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2011 at 11:14pm

Literally no pain relievers work for me...not even coedine that people use to get high. Heat is the best option for me and i've tried everything from herbs to pickle juice and working out. What I found works best is meditation along with heating pads that you stick on your body, but Aspercreme is amazing...it's a warming sensation that lasts for hours and kills cramps in less than a hour. Maca has also made my period lighter and shorter. I've went from very severe to dull moderate cramps. I also went from using super absorbent to light tampons...sorry if its tmi. My period has also went from 7 days to 4 days.

sasha299 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasha299 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 29 2011 at 11:48pm
Here are some tips that may help for you

1. Red Raspberry leaf tea - tones the uterus
2. Rub plain alcohol (the drinking 100 proof type) on the lower stomach over the crampy area.
3. Take calcium and Magneesium supplements starting the week before your period
4. Work out 2 times daily
5. stop using tampons - I only started cramping after my baby was born and I found that using tampons actually made it worst for me. I switched to pads and like magic - no cramping
6. Reduce salt intake a week before your period. Some reputable studies have shown that doing this reduces cramping and bloating
7. Eat lots of leafy greens all the time - spinach, cabbage and parsley usually raw or barely steamed. They reduce cramping and bloating. One way for me to get them is in my daily juice/shakes. Carrots, spinach, watercress and what ever fruit is in season - makes an awesome drink.
8. Garlic - this is the bomb! If you can stomach it a clove of fresh garlic daily with a spoon of honey.
9. the ultimate - better than anything else - forget codine, etc 1 oz nutmeg with 1 pint of Jamaican over proof rum - take ONLY 1 teaspoon 3 times daily.
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2011 at 2:38pm
Before I gave up red meat, vicaden (sp?) was the only thing that helped. Thank god I found another way, it was very dangerous but the only thing that worked.

If you take a pain pill like aleve, advil, whatever, caffiene will make it work faster. Don't out too much milk in it though.
obiisASTARxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obiisASTARxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 3:26pm
working out or any type of exercise will take your mind off the cramps and help your body circulate properly, try it
DarkBrown View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 3:58pm
midol. avoid salty foods cause that can make it worse
Carib_n_curly View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carib_n_curly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 02 2011 at 3:58pm
since i've been taking calcium supplements and rosehip vitamin c supplements 
my periods aren't painful anymore
i take a generic store made one so don't worry about the brand too much
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 11:33am
Is it possible that you have fibroids?

Evening primrose oil is really good...and yes, a change in your diet will definitely help. Try cutting out dairy
constancev18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constancev18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2011 at 11:46am
Originally posted by sasha299 sasha299 wrote:

Here are some tips that may help for you

5. stop using tampons - I only started cramping after my baby was born and I found that using tampons actually made it worst for me. I switched to pads and like magic - no cramping
6. Reduce salt intake a week before your period. Some reputable studies have shown that doing this reduces cramping and bloating
7. Eat lots of leafy greens all the time - spinach, cabbage and parsley usually raw or barely steamed. They reduce cramping and bloating. One way for me to get them is in my daily juice/shakes. Carrots, spinach, watercress and what ever fruit is in season - makes an awesome drink.
8. Garlic - this is the bomb! If you can stomach it a clove of fresh garlic daily with a spoon of honey.

I wholeheartedly agree with the above (tampons, greens, & garlic) especially if you have endometriosis.  Garlic, oranges, broccoli actually lower estrogen in your body and cruciferous vegetables are low estrogen foods.  Too much estrogen will inflame uterine tissue (which may be deposited in other areas as well if you have endo) and cause pain.  PP's mentioned meat, dairy, sugar, and wheat (everything, I know!), which will cause inflammation of the uterine tissue. If you can only eliminate one thing-do away with sugar.  It is one of the biggest triggers of cramps (see book, Sugar Blues)

Edited by constancev18 - Aug 03 2011 at 11:48am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>