Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Health Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Remedies for period cramps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tmrockville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmrockville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 9:25am
I would be interested in remedies as well.  Here is a link to Pycnogenol  http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/1019.html.  When I talked with my doctor the options were birth control or minor surgery if I didn't want to have children.  Now I'm just on a px for motrin.  I do agree about the ultrasound b/c there may be extra tissue that needs to be removed.  You also want to make sure you don't become anemic.
Sponsored Links

PurplePumps View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 9:29am
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

WHOA WHOA WHOA....You aren't supposed to take aspirin or any medications that have aspirin when you're on your period except if its prescription.

there's a natural pill called pyconegol9sp) that i've heard works wonders for your menstrual...

Since when?

To the OP, 

Things that helped me with my painful period (I'd be just like you, doubled over in pain, crying, vomiting, the whole 9 yards):

drink a lot of water. I noticed my cramps decreased significantly when I upped my water intake.

eat a lot of fruits the week before your period. I've always noticed that if I eat a lot of fruits right beforehand, the cramps are less. Don't know why, but they are.

let go of the meats (unless they are 100% organic) the week before your period. Hormones in the meats we eat make it worse. Basically with these last two tips, I become a vegetarian the week before. Seriously.

take a daily calcium supplement. Calcium helps to lessen cramps.

when you're having the cramps, drink a soda if you can hold it down. Caffeine also helps to lessen cramps.

The night before you know your period is due and you start feeling those "warning cramps," pop 3 Motrin, then get out your trusty heating pad and make use! Don't sleep on the benefits of having a heating pad! The heating pad is almost like my guaranteed "get out of cramps free" card

If you feel ok enough, take a light walk. You may have to stop every few minutes to ride the wave of a cramp but I promise, it makes it better in the end.

Massage your pelvic/lower abdomen area where your uterus is.
ChicFrenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChicFrenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by DominicanBarbie DominicanBarbie wrote:

Originally posted by Preciousme Preciousme wrote:

Try taking a baby aspirin everyday, starting. 3 days before your period. Evening primrose oil is suppose to help but you need to take it for a couple months before you see any changes.

Sigh I don't think I can do the baby aspirin thing. My mom would freak, we don't take aspirin in our household but I will try the primrose oil. Thanks 

Do you know how much of it  I  would have to take? 
Never ever take aspirin during your periods. It makes the blood flow a lot heavier.

And have you tried Naproxen (ex: ALEVE)? It is more efficient on cramps/muscle pains than ibuprofen

And yes, go see an obgyn to check your cyst situation.

Edited to write ALEVE (not Advil). Aleve= naproxen (Advil=ibuprofene) I was writing too fast.

Edited by ChicFrenchy - Jul 14 2011 at 10:20am
meancookie89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meancookie89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 9:37am
to combat heavy cramping you need only two vitamin pills
IRON and the Calcium Magnesium zinc pill combo (usually all 3 come in one).

okay you can get them at any drug store take these two pills two days before ur period. You should take them through out period too it replenishes your blood loss.

Avoid red meat and caffeine as it will make you feel bloated, try to exercise once a week and trust me you'll feel better i have the same problem. And remember stress does effect ur period tooo!

take care and be good to urself

PurplePumps View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePumps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 9:40am
Originally posted by ChicFrenchy ChicFrenchy wrote:

Originally posted by DominicanBarbie DominicanBarbie wrote:

Originally posted by Preciousme Preciousme wrote:

Try taking a baby aspirin everyday, starting. 3 days before your period. Evening primrose oil is suppose to help but you need to take it for a couple months before you see any changes.

Sigh I don't think I can do the baby aspirin thing. My mom would freak, we don't take aspirin in our household but I will try the primrose oil. Thanks 

Do you know how much of it  I  would have to take? 
Never ever take aspirin during your periods. It makes the blood flow a lot heavier.

And have you tried Naproxen (ex: Advil)? It is more efficient on cramps/muscle pains than ibuprofen

And yes, go see an obgyn to check your cyst situation.

Oh, makes sense, since they use aspirin as a blood thinner.
slimjuicy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slimjuicy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 9:43am
I always took Aleve the night before my period was to start. It drastically reduced my cramps. A doctor told my friend this, she told me, the rest is history lol.
ChicFrenchy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChicFrenchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 10:21am
Originally posted by slimjuicy slimjuicy wrote:

I always took Aleve the night before my period was to start. It drastically reduced my cramps. A doctor told my friend this, she told me, the rest is history lol.
I meant Naproxen Aleve. Not Advil. You are right. Aleve is the bomb.com
Phattygyrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phattygyrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 3:13pm
Vitamin E helps a lot, i double my Vitamin E intake when i'm about to start my period. It helps a lot with cramps... Plus it made my skin stay glowing and I normally don't have any period pimples. lol
DominicanBarbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanBarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 4:29pm
Thank You Everyone. 
I will check with my doctor about the cysts and what not. Since I've been going through the heavy period problem a while now. 
Also I will try the heating bad, better diet, vitamins , exercise and pain pills hopefully all these things combined stop me from having to put my life on hold for a week that my period comes. 

@ChicFrenchy I've actually tried Naproxen recently and it worked. I had it laying around from when my doctor prescribed it for my cold a while back.  

@PurplePumps What type of heating pad do you use? The disposable ones (one use) or the electric type? 

@Tmrockville Thanks for the article. I think I will have to do my research on pycnogenol before I start taking it. That article got me a little nervous with the side effects and what not. 
moetnectar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moetnectar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 4:30pm
Hey quick question have you had any children? The reason I ask is bekuz I had terrrible cramps to the point were I used to faint. But after my first child they seemed to disappear. I'm sure its a hormone imbalace. But the methods I used were

1. heating pad
2. tylenol based products ( i can't take aspirin)
3. very little dairy products 3 or 4 days before period
4. calcium supplemnt
5. light walking a couple of days before and during cycle
6. warm apple juice or tea
 7. no alcohol during cycle I also heard about primose but never tried it myself
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>