FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Remedies for period cramps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
DominicanBarbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanBarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remedies for period cramps
    Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 12:49am
Anyone know any natural remedies for period cramps and heavy periods?

I've talked to my doctor about my horrible horrible cramps and heavy periods ( gross I know) and she recommended birth control which I am not comfortable taking. I've just heard too many side effects with that. I was wondering is there any NATURAL remedies I can try to get rid of this shxt! Angry 

I've been researching Maca Root but I've also heard that it can make your cramps worse which I am kind of scared about. So can anyone give me any suggestions. Thanks. 
Sponsored Links

bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellacnella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 12:54am
hot bath...heating pad...herbal tea.  believe it or not, sometimes exercise.

just curious, does ibuprofen not work for you or you just do not want to take it?  i have horrible cramps and i could never get through my period without either a motrin or a tylenol #3...sometimes i even try a percocet if they are too bad...
Preciousme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Preciousme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 1:01am
Try taking a baby aspirin everyday, starting. 3 days before your period. Evening primrose oil is suppose to help but you need to take it for a couple months before you see any changes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanBarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 1:02am
No pain relievers  works for me. Cry
It takes so long to start working that my cramps come before the pain pills kick-in and I hate taking so many pills a day just to stop the cramps from getting unbearable. I just think that it will hurt me in the long run and plus my body will start to become immune to the pain pills and not work.  

Hopefully since I'm moving to an APT with a gym that if I start to exercise daily and start a new "diet" eliminating processed foods & what not will help too. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanBarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Preciousme Preciousme wrote:

Try taking a baby aspirin everyday, starting. 3 days before your period. Evening primrose oil is suppose to help but you need to take it for a couple months before you see any changes.

Sigh I don't think I can do the baby aspirin thing. My mom would freak, we don't take aspirin in our household but I will try the primrose oil. Thanks 

Do you know how much of it  I  would have to take? 
hairbeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 2:27am
keep yourself warm,drink Motherwort granule or eat fresh motherwort boiled eggs.It may be help
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 3:31am
WHOA WHOA WHOA....You aren't supposed to take aspirin or any medications that have aspirin when you're on your period except if its prescription.

there's a natural pill called pyconegol9sp) that i've heard works wonders for your menstrual...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanBarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 7:44am
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

WHOA WHOA WHOA....You aren't supposed to take aspirin or any medications that have aspirin when you're on your period except if its prescription.

there's a natural pill called pyconegol9sp) that i've heard works wonders for your menstrual...

Do you need prescription for pyconegolsp? I'm going to look into it. 
Thank You
GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 9:02am
bump
brittsbee View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittsbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2011 at 9:04am
heat pad, pickle juice (track and field coach told me this secret), being very active

I suffered from really bad cramps when I was on the track and field team and all these worked!  You may want to consult with an OB/GYN just to make sure everything is ok down there.  I had surgery a few months ago b/c my doctor found a cyst.

ETA: Didn't realize that you already spoke with your doctor.  Can you ask him to do an internal ultrasound just to make sure everything is ok?

Edited by brittsbee - Jul 14 2011 at 9:06am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>