Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Relocation Thread!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nappyhead23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote nappyhead23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relocation Thread!
    Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:56am
Hi Guys,

I'm typically a lurker but thought Id start a thread for those who are thinking about relocating. I'm 28,single black female from Boston with no kids. I will be graduating with MA in Counseling Psychology in May, 2013. I want to move right after graduation. I am considering Houston, Dallas, Charl citiesotte,and Dc. Any thoughts on these cities? If anyone has any questions about a particular city feel free to ask. We can all help each other!

I have lived in Boston all my life. It's a beautiful citu but sucks if you are a black professional
Pros: great restaurants, some of the best colleges and hospital in the world. Pretty good place to raise a family. There is a great art scene if you ate in to that.

Cons: Expensive to live (rent is crazy high and so are yhe property taxes, the night life does not cater to black professionals, dating sucks if you are a black woman. Many of tge blacl men prefer white women. People in Boston (both black and white) are not friendly.

Anything else you want to know about Boston feel free to ask!
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nappyhead23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 5:58am
Sorry for the typos! I am typing on my phone! I meant to say that i am interested in Dallas, Houston, Chatlotte and Dc. Thanks!
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 10:51am
Best wishes nd congratulations!

If you can take the heat, I say move to Dallas or Houston!
juniordetective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniordetective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:28am
I don't live in DC but I live near it. It's pretty expensive...there is stuff to do around there. I don't know much about jobs there, since I am in college myself. But I'm sure you could find a job pertaining to your degree. I wouldn't recommend moving to Southeast...
Babydoll9163 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babydoll9163 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:35am
Congratulations on your Masters! Always great to see a black professional doing her thing Clap

I'm not terribly familiar with the places listed but aren't Dallas, Houston, and DC all expensive as far as cost of living? 

I've never relocated for anything other than school. So if I were you I'd start with looking for jobs in those areas, most places make you apply online anyways. Then look up real estate/apartments in those areas and assess if you can handle the cost of living.
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:41am
I need to get to a computer to give my advice. Be back in a few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nappyhead23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Best wishes nd congratulations!

If you can take the heat, I say move to Dallas or Houston!

Thanks so much!!!! I appreciate your kind words and suggestions!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nappyhead23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Babydoll9163 Babydoll9163 wrote:

<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" color="#ff33cc">Congratulations on your Masters! Always great to see a black professional doing her thing Clap
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" color="#ff33cc">
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" color="#ff33cc">I'm not terribly familiar with the places listed but aren't Dallas, Houston, and DC all expensive as far as cost of living? 
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" color="#ff33cc">

Thanks Babydoll!
<font ="Apple-style-span" size="3" color="#ff33cc">I've never relocated for anything other than school. So if I were you I'd start with looking for jobs in those areas, most places make you apply online anyways. Then look up real estate/apartments in those areas and assess if you can handle the cost of living.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nappyhead23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 5:33am
Bump for more responses
Findingmyme View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Findingmyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 10:46am
I live outside of DC (Arlington) and I love it! But as someone else said, it's crazy expensive! But worth it!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic