FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedReligion was created by man not god

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 17>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Doc Holiday Doc Holiday wrote:

*chuckle*

I swear that I'm not as...abrasive as I used to be. I've actually become pretty tolerant of others beliefs (even if I find them kind of silly). Folks throwing around the word "truth" when topics like this come up still irritates the sh*t out of me, though.

Uhm-hmm....*side-eye activated*
Sponsored Links

Doc Holiday View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

I was hoping for something a little more novel than another heretical Christian who adopts the label "spiritual" in order to be different. My mistake.

Let's see... the flaw in your approach is that you are attempting to seperate two things that are inseparable; a deity grows with and is directly dependent upon the religion that worships it.

For example, ancient Hebrews were henotheists, they believed that rival gods existed, but that Yahweh was greatest of all, hence the first commandment. It wasn't until those rival gods fell out of favor that the Hebrews/Jews became monotheistic. Another example is the dualism that is common to the Abrahamic religions (God vsn Satan, good vs. evil, etc.) Judaism adopted its dichotomous cosmology from Zoroastrianism. During the Babylonian exile of the Hebrews, they picked up ideas from the Persian prophet Zoroaster or Zarathustra. The ideas of the personification of good battling the personification of evil for human souls and a positive and negative afterlife come directly from Zoroastrianism. Before the exposure to Zarathustra's teachings, Satan was a bit character from the Book of Job who served Yahweh, and the afterlife was referred to as Sheol, a place with no system of reward or punishment. So you see, this notion of your god predating the religions that worship him are nonsensical when examined objectively.

Furthermore, all you're doing is appropriating Christian ideas to create yet another permutation of the religion. You are creating a god based on what you perceive an ideal god to be. In truth, it's no different than what every other theist does (of course, they won't admit this and neither will you). That said, this thread should be called "God was created by man."

Your move, threadstarter.
 have you met blaquefoxx?  She's looking for a man like youWink

Ha, I believe that we are acquainted, yes.LOL
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

folks throwing down the gauntlet for the ill Pinch that cant be right

I know Sleepy, and it's really irritating.

Having grown up with a couple of people in my family with the same illness, you just can't rationalize with someone with little to no rational ability. Not to say they aren't capable at all, but that's even if they keep up with their meds, and even then, someone has to be there to make sure they take them otherwise they won't because they "feel well".

I just have no pleasant thoughts about it, sorry. 
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:15pm

I hope she forgets about the topic. Athiest or christian is a personal choice . Typing against either is just your truth .

Doc Holiday View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Having grown up with a couple of people in my family with the same illness, you just can't rationalize with someone with little to no rational ability. Not to say they aren't capable at all, but that's even if they keep up with their meds, and even then, someone has to be there to make sure they take them otherwise they won't because they "feel well".

Please, after studying the subject and encountering quite a few people with similar symptoms, many of them reason better than quite a few so-called normal people I have come across. In fact, an ex of mine has faced very similar hardships, and the one thing she always hated was for me to patronize her or handle her with kid gloves because of her history with mental illness. Frankly, it would have been disrespectful for me to pull my punches because the threadstarter is "ill". I'm sure that you will disagree, but as with most things, perspective is everything.
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:26pm
You should pull your punches because she's young and dumb, not because she's mentally ill DH. You doin too damn much, and going so far over her head she'll think you're either a bird or a plane.

No offense OP. Smile
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:31pm

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

Please, after studying the subject and encountering quite a few people with similar symptoms, many of them reason better than quite a few so-called normal people I have come across. In fact, an ex of mine has faced very similar hardships, and the one thing she always hated was for me to patronize her or handle her with kid gloves because of her history with mental illness. Frankly, it would have been disrespectful for me to pull my punches because the threadstarter is "ill". I'm sure that you will disagree, but as with most things, perspective is everything.

Save it Doc. 

My only sister was 9 years old before she was brutally murdered in 1990 by my aunt who had schizophrenia. Another aunt, also schizophrenic, had physically abused my cousin, her son when he was 5 years old and years later when I was 19, tried to kill ME when she felt "better" and stop taking her meds. 

So please, save the BS for someone who wants to hear it.

Edited by Az~Maverick - Oct 04 2013 at 7:35pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:36pm
You're really calling her dumb?
That's rude as hell.
journeytolong View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:37pm
This thread went to Wendy's then stopped by Pizza Hut and now its randomly in the forest taking photos of ants.

Edited by journeytolong - Oct 04 2013 at 7:37pm
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 7:37pm
   Awww damn AZ!  Disapprove  Hug
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 17>