Mynx Hair

Author
hennypenny View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religion and Politics
    Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 2:31pm
This is my rant for today ---------------------------------------------------

Are they going to fall for the okey doke again? With all the things that face this country right now, are they really going to make a choice based on gay marriage again? My rant stems from seeing the surge Mike Huckabee is having in the polls right now. He's running ads that he's a"Christian Leader". What does that have to do with his ability to run this country? Our economy is shaky with some predicting we are headed for a recession, the housing crisis, which some folks have not stopped to think that this is just more than people losing their homes. That  is going to have an effect on all of us, it will affect the economy. Our dollar is weak, not many people have paid attention to that fact. Our weak dollar has led to many companies being bought out by foreign companies. I'm not saying thats a bad thing, but I think we ought to be concerned about those things. Education, clearly no child left behind is not working. Taxes bleeding the middle class while the rich don't pay their fair share, the war,  I mean I could go on and on and yet so many people are focused on good "Christian values" for their choice for president?

Here's the ad
Which doesn't tell me a damn thing about how you will lead this country and fix the problems that really matter. I don't want a president to be the moral police. I want one that can lead us out of the financial, educational, world, etc, dilemmas that we are in. What someone chooses to do with their own personal self and body should be the least of our concerns at this moment.

End Rant ------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored Links

binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 2:48pm
the moral police doesnt even work at this point bc they are too busy getting caught tapping feet in rest rooms and ish like that.  the unfortunate thing is that ppl will let that one issue "Gay Marrage" overshadow the real issues and cloud their judgement. 

I believe that there are ppl that work behind the scenes of campaigns to create clouds of illusion to take focus on of real issues and it works.  They are under the impression that the American ppl are dumb sheep. 

JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 3:29pm
Have we proved that we're not dumb sheep?  I'm not seeing it.  I've never understood why people take such an issue with the separation of church and state.  The abstinence only sex "education" doesn't work, the war on drugs is useless and a waste of money, we're turning our classrooms into little subtle churches, and we have laws on the books that don't make any sense outside their religious undertones.  Let people make their own decisions with their life.  Making the government force them to think your way defeats the purpose of free will.  It's not the government's job to get people into heaven.  
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

Have we proved that we're not dumb sheep?  I'm not seeing it.  I've never understood why people take such an issue with the separation of church and state.  The abstinence only sex "education" doesn't work, the war on drugs is useless and a waste of money, we're turning our classrooms into little subtle churches, and we have laws on the books that don't make any sense outside their religious undertones.  Let people make their own decisions with their life.  Making the government force them to think your way defeats the purpose of free will.  It's not the government's job to get people into heaven.  

that is very true Ouch

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 5:43pm
Thought this was pretty interesting.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 6:24pm
That article is why I only sort of get angry at the aggressive atheists.  I don't think I can take another republican president that takes advantage of nice people trying to live by the word of God (and make other people live by it too).    
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 6:50pm
If this wasn't serious, it would almost be funny. To think that amongst the religious right that Romney is not religious enough or is just the wrong kind of religious right.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2007 at 7:25pm
Yeah, I never bothered to figure out the standard.  I don't fit it and I'm sure the person I vote for won't fit it either.  
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2007 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

Very true.

I need to find the article on cnn but they were reporting that conservatives thought that huckabee is 'too conservative'. I never thought that was ever a possibility.Confused
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic