Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Relief for Tight Braids

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relief for Tight Braids
    Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 7:08pm
I went to the braiding shop to get box braids and now my head is in pain. I told the lady to not braid it tight but she claimed that not braiding it tight enough would cause my braids to become loose and fall out. I think what made it more painful was her raking and struggling to comb my 3 months worth of new growthUnhappy Anyone knows any remedies to alleviate the pain?
Sponsored Links

Missthickum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missthickum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 11:19pm
take them out
wyok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2011 at 4:06pm
I'm sorry. I'm familiar with that misery! Try some dry scalp relief oil or braid oil from the beauty supply. It should come in a bottle with a pointed tip so it's easy to reach your scalp. That usually provides relief for me, at least until it loosens up.
also massaging the scalp can help loosen it up a bit.
Lady_Q_Tee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady_Q_Tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2011 at 4:35pm
The best thing to do in all honesty is take them out, else your risking the chance of causing self induced alopecia!!!

If your unwilling to take them out..stock up on pain killers.
2cute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2cute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2011 at 6:47pm
Thanks ladies! Within the day after I got the braids, they started to loosen up.
DivaMelody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2011 at 1:24pm
^ loosened already ??  iF THEY ARE TOO TIGHT, i WOULD TAKE THEM OUT AS WELL.    Slight relief can come from standing in a hot shower or even washing .
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply