It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
KhadiNiaomi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2011 at 6:26pm
And she also said our hair is all different so those could withold from getting relaxers for a long period of time.
Sponsored Links

Transitioning Beauty View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2011 at 8:34pm
Just popping in.. I usually just lurk on this site but felt like this needed to be asked. 

How does she take care of her hair between relaxers? She could be ripping through it with a small tooth comb! Which of course would lead to breakage. She may also never deep condition and comb her hair when fully dry.. which are also things that would lead to breakage *goes back into lurker mode*
AriesBabe09 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 8:44am
Originally posted by KhadiNiaomi KhadiNiaomi wrote:

Okay so now Im confused because I thought people with relaxed hair were suppose to stretch their relaxers in order get enough new growth and then relax it just to let the hair grow out ya know? But my hair dresser told me its okay to get your relaxers every 6 weeks she said she gets her every 6 weeks becuase the texture of her hair is really kinky. Now she had a bob from January and now her hair is at her shoulders I was shock because I thought you were suppose to stretch so you could allow the hair to grow I did ask her if getting a relaxer every 6 weeks was overprocessing and she told me no because of the relaxers they use is like a texturizer and she recommended me to go 8 weeks without a relaxer due to my hair type and she also told me the longer I go without a relaxer it could break my hair which shock me becuase thats what I've been doing and I havent gotten any results so fair I was just focusing now and just moisturizing but now Im going to moisturize and get frequent touch ups. Are you guys getting frequent touch ups and achieved longer hair?????

This is why I love BHM because I was just thinking this this morning. Because I have been stretching going on 6 months on the 23rd, I've been relaxing my hair twice per year for the past year(if that makes senseLOL) But I was wondering how would I see the growth unless I actually relax my hair???

Anyway what I do to my hair while stretching is I get a Dominican blow out (maybe once or twice in between stretching) Or I deep condition my hair once a week then wash and set and use flat iron ONLY ON NEW GROWTH being sure to use heat protector. My hair is almost bsl right now. And I have been debating as to whether 'm going to relax it next week. During the summer I definetly use less heat.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Transitioning Beauty Transitioning Beauty wrote:

Just popping in.. I usually just lurk on this site but felt like this needed to be asked. 

How does she take care of her hair between relaxers? She could be ripping through it with a small tooth comb! Which of course would lead to breakage. She may also never deep condition and comb her hair when fully dry.. which are also things that would lead to breakage *goes back into lurker mode*
She works in a hair salon so she gets her hair deep condition every week and she wraps her hair all the time and moisturize with a moisturizer she knows what she's doing
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by AriesBabe09 AriesBabe09 wrote:

Okay so now Im confused because I thought people with relaxed hair were suppose to stretch their relaxers in order get enough new growth and then relax it just to let the hair grow out ya know? But my hair dresser told me its okay to get your relaxers every 6 weeks she said she gets her every 6 weeks becuase the texture of her hair is really kinky. Now she had a bob from January and now her hair is at her shoulders I was shock because I thought you were suppose to stretch so you could allow the hair to grow I did ask her if getting a relaxer every 6 weeks was overprocessing and she told me no because of the relaxers they use is like a texturizer and she recommended me to go 8 weeks without a relaxer due to my hair type and she also told me the longer I go without a relaxer it could break my hair which shock me becuase thats what I've been doing and I havent gotten any results so fair I was just focusing now and just moisturizing but now Im going to moisturize and get frequent touch ups. Are you guys getting frequent touch ups and achieved longer hair?????

This is why I love BHM because I was just thinking this this morning. Because I have been stretching going on 6 months on the 23rd, I've been relaxing my hair twice per year for the past year(if that makes senseLOL) But I was wondering how would I see the growth unless I actually relax my hair???

Anyway what I do to my hair while stretching is I get a Dominican blow out (maybe once or twice in between stretching) Or I deep condition my hair once a week then wash and set and use flat iron ONLY ON NEW GROWTH being sure to use heat protector. My hair is almost bsl right now. And I have been debating as to whether 'm going to relax it next week. During the summer I definetly use less heat.
Im confused. Have you notice your hair getting longer every time you get ur wash n set? cuz if so then thats gr8 but if not then ur hair is breaking at the ends. GIIIIIRL when u said u get ur dominican blow outs I was like thats hair suicide I use to alllllwaysssssss get that when I stretched my relaxers and that F'd me up BIG time my hair cud of been to my waistline already boo boo lol my goodness I stay away from blowdryers all I do now is wash n set like you minus the straightening og the roots but I think Ima try my Hair dressers technique of frequent touch ups cuz over time it'll add up to inches and I think u should get ur relaxer cuz u HAVE relaxed hair I use to be like you I think you should just use a good relaxer like affirmative thats what my hair dresser uses on my hair she says it doesnt make the hair bone straight so of course the longer you stretch your hair is going to break. But DONT GET BLWOOUTS JUST it takes the moisture out of my hair after I take out the rollers myy hair does look nice and healthy then when they pass that blow dryer on my hair it makes it look frizzy I think that started happening cuz I got them ALLLL the time but I stay away frm them now sooo yeeeh damn I wrote a whole essay sorry lol
reeniebabie1289 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 3:55pm
i will def look into some of the stretching methods mentioned, but maybe 3 months is my mark? idnk
luvlytresses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 5:14pm

But in a way if you are always getting ur touch ups it will eventually add up to inches right? Before your ends break off. Has anyone here ever use to get the typical 6 week relaxers constantly and grown longer hair WITHOUT trimming?

No lol relaxer- run-off will weaken your hair and it will break. Frequent relaxers are one of the main causes for hair loss in black women. It also keeps the stylist's pockets heavy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2011 at 6:08pm
^ u know what I do agree. Im just trying to grow longer hair and just dont know how my hair is naturally long but I would love if it got longer I figure maybe I should try the same technique as my hair dresser but ion I guess I just continue to stretch until I feel like I should get another relaxer
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 8:40am
Don't get no relaxer every 6 weeks.  That is too often.  You can go longer between relaxers if you aren't trying to wear it down and straight.  Try different styles that will work with your new growth.  
OneLove1987 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2011 at 8:49am
i understand the whole breakage thing because when i wore my hair out, i weave weaves now, i used to relax my hair once a month. terrible i know i know but i had no knowledge of hair care or anything for that matter and sad to say my hair appeared to never grow, i would always hover around neck/shoulder length.  without proper care the breakage comes from where your kinky new growth meets the straight hair and that a major weak spot. my hair would break when i needed a relaxer and once relaxed the breakage would stop. i don't know how some women stretch their relaxers because once my new growth kicks in my whole hair style ceases to exist and i don't know what to do but relax.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic