Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Relaxers

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ShalawnG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShalawnG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relaxers
    Posted: May 21 2014 at 1:21pm
For the past 7 years I have been using Mizani sensitive scalp relaxer. Sometimes my mom would put it in at home and other times I would go to my stylist. I have very thick hair so Mizani was the only one to really work however the past two years it's been different. At first my hair started shredding like crazy. My oldest sister who is natural told me is was natural because her hair shreds too. Then came the breakage. My edges started to break off badly. I was going bald around the edges. It was worst on the right side so I got the Rihanna cut where she had the one side shaved. I went to my stylist got the cut and got it relaxed with Mizani.

After getting it relaxed my edges were fine but I still have the shredding after like two weeks my edges started breaking off again but in slower pace. My hair use to be a little past my shoulders but it was barely touching my shoulders. The breakage got worst again so I went to my stylist she was confused on why now I started to have this problem. She asked me did I changed my relaxer and I told her no. Again I got it relaxed with Mizani and for a week or two everything would be fine and then the breakage would start again. Then I realized that it might be the Mizani and that I should switch relaxers. My edges are rough to the touch and won't lay down.

A friend a referred me to Affirm and I did some research and it seems to be a good relaxer. It is in my local beauty supply store but it's not with a shampoo. My friend told me to just use cream of nature with it. It's been working for her so it should work for me right?!
Sponsored Links

ILOVEBEYONCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILOVEBEYONCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 9:00pm
Once you noticed a change in your hair you shouldve stopped doing it at home. Chemical services such as relaxers should be done by professionals. Its very easy for someone who even could have been relaxing people's hair for years at home to still be doing it improperly. Dont switch relaxers right now because that wont solve your problem of your hair shedding. You should be stimulating your scalp often because that is where healthy hair growth starts and doing protein/keratin treatments to strengthen your hair and prevent breakage. I think until you see an improvement in your hairs health and condition you should either lay off the relaxers for a bit or stretch the time in between your retouches. Im sure you know this but make sure you NEVER go over relaxed hair with a relaxer again. Relaxers are PERMANENT they cannot be "sweated" out or reversed...over processing your hair will cause shedding and breakage. Good luck !  
antiguasea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antiguasea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 11:49am
Hello,

I have just had my hair regrowth relaxed with a home kit , problem is the lady who did it didn't relax all the regrowth, I should have checked and told her exactly how much I didn't (my fault).

SO now I have straight roots with a kink 3 centimetres in of 2.5 centimetres - what do I do now? Any advice would be gr8tly appreciated. :-)
BreeSarahBryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BreeSarahBryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 5:08pm
http://youtu.be/8w2_0wPqnF4 - http://youtu.be/8w2_0wPqnF4

I'm just starting my hair journey & my hair feels healthier than it has ever been! It's been a month so far!

My regimen is: 

I wash my hair once a week.
I deep condition once a week.
I do a protein treatment every other week.
I do hot oil treatments every other week. 

I moisturize and seal every night.
I oil my scalp and massage it every night.

I haven't put heat on my hair since I started my hair journey.

Please check out my youtube video btw! I'm pretty goofy, I know. And if you wanna exchange hair care tips that would be much appreciated!
naturalblackgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturalblackgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 7:02pm
I watched your YouTube videos and I also recomend prettywitty77. You won't regret. I have recently put heat on my hair since the Last 2 weeks. And I'm planning to put heat on this weekend to flat iron my hair. I am going to start my hair journey soon but I need to get money to buy all products and to get more information so I don't mess up my hair. I have shoulder length hair naturally when I flat iron or blow dry it. I have split ends really bad ones but I'm scared to lose the hair I grew out by using this method I found. It's typically where you sit on the couch and bend over and stay there for four minutes. It really works, I've only done this for a few weeks and I think I've grown three to four inches but I cut a little bit off but not all so I'm planning to cut that part of when I start my hair journey.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply