Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
ifeyini View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relaxers- great information
    Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 8:48am
Hi all! I wanted to tell you what I heard on the radio from toxicologist ( i think that is the one who does autopsies) I may not have the correct title but what he said was pretty interesting.

He said he has been studying relaxers for years and there was one woman in particular that all of a sudden passed away. She was in her 50's or so and she didnt have any known illnesses. Well he has been doing a study on relaxer and the harshness of the product. He said he has taken off the scalp of dead black women who get relaxers and he saw green mold/fungus under their scalp. He said that the relaxers go past our hair to straighten the roots. It actually goes into the skin/scalp and causes damage to our brains. He said that some women have had like holes in their skulls due to relaxing! He said overtime it can have an adverse reaction to the brain and cause brain issues as well. He has documented this and he actually had pictures and he said that we dont realize the harshness of this product. He said with his study that he was doing that all these women who had a relaxer had the same mold/fungus growing under their scalp and doing this for years at a time can cause severe problems.

He said if you knew what was in the relaxer and the products you wouldnt and shouldnt get them. I was really intrigued and i believe everthing he said. I thought about all the scalp burns I had when I had a relaxer and how my scalp would bleed and be sore months at a time. I am natural now and I dont have that problem anymore.

Im not against relaxers but they are damaging and they have more of an adverse reaction than what we even know! Im glad I heard this man who documented this and that makes me not want to ever relax my hair or my daughters hair!

I just thought I would share that just for informational purposes!Smile
Sponsored Links

Dakotablu View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 9:16am
Good info...Did you know there has been links between deodorant & breast cancer, Mercury fillings for your teeth & cancer, Red meat and cancer etc... I understand the relaxer rave though and am planning on going natural yeah i said it I'm going natural. Still may texlax in future....not sure
ifeyini View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 11:44am
i found this to be very interesting. there was a topic on the michael baisden show about this last year. another lady said the same thing. no more relaxers for me!
ayshia View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 12:05pm

whoah! Shocked

augiemoment View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 12:09pm
Stern%20Smile yeah and a lot of people still die of road accident through no fault of their own.
if its death we are afraid of, using relaxers should be the least of our problems
Luna09 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 12:33pm
Ew thats yucky! Green mold..Dead I've heard of the deodorant and cancer connection too! Seems like everything has an adverse affect these days but it makes you think about what u consume..Ouch
love_akihsoy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 12:43pm
this is kinda scary... tho I've heard it before... makes me think twice about my creamy crack addiction!
miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 12:44pm
I think we have more serious issues about what foods we consume and the chemicals in that...I understand that the dr. may have a point but relaxers are toxic and people using them know this besides-alot of people use them incorrectly and if you get burns then of course it can seep into your brain...It's interesting but not enough to make me stop relaxing now-I will go natural at some point but today just aint the day...I now relax only 3 times a year and no burns.
babelipsss View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 12:46pm
Good, believeable info.  There is no way one can use a caustic chemical for years and have no ill effects.
ts baby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2009 at 12:55pm
Is he planning on publishing his findings?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic