Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Relaxers arent all that bad?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 51>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 3.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 5:03am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

For the record, I was cool until she said natural hair means not taken care of. That right there is just insulting to your ancestors. All that other stuff is whatever. It's your hair and you can do with it what you want. But for you to say natural people are lazy, that right there was bold. But nobody's relaxing or big chopping tonight, no matter how long we argue about it, so I'ma let it go.
Clap
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 5:12am
why do i feel like i just walked in on you two acting a fool in front of company?
juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 9:02am
Why can the naturals insult the relaxed but the relaxed can't do the same.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 9:26am
I'm honestly surprised that my original post was so controversial

I didn't realized that there were women on this very hair board that weren't aware of that fresh relaxer smell

If you took that as an attack on relaxed hair then you need to re-evaluate what you're doing. It is what it is. If you're using a harsh chemical on your hair to process it, don't be surprised if you're hair still smells like it even after the first wash (and by first I mean the washing that takes place before it dries)

This is not an "attack" from a natural "nazi", this is the truth and if I relaxed my hair tomorrow it would still be the truth. Im not even against women who relax their hair, that's ridiculous. Do what you want, just be aware that it has a smell and if you don't care then it's whatevs

Funny how no transitioners and naturals took offense to the later half of my comment when I said...

I hate the way many heads of hair smell... between the overly fragranced products and never-been-washed weaves, my stomach turns whenever I get a wift of some people's heads

But yea, let's just keep pretending that I was attacking relaxed heads b/c I have a particular vendetta against them. hmmfp
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 9:27am
Bunny can you point me to where naturals insulted relaxed.

And y'all bet not be talking about that fresh relaxer smell bc that's not an insult.

Y'all be looking for stuff man

Edited by jonesable - Apr 04 2013 at 9:30am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 9:40am
It was stated relaxed hair was boring and only one style can be worn with it. If you rocked it you were trying to be white it stinks is unhealthy no matter how long or nice it looks ect. Honestly i don't think this has much to do with you guys saying relaxed heads stink.

P.S     who is bunny
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 9:44am
Oh ok , I see.
Meant to say Shesus
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Oh ok , I see.
Meant to say Shesus

okay .
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Bunny can you point me to where naturals insulted relaxed.

And y'all bet not be talking about that fresh relaxer smell bc that's not an insult.

Y'all be looking for stuff man
Pretty much
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 9:44am
No one said that. Show me the receipts

What was insinuated is that many relaxed heads are boring b/c they only wear their hair straight. See the difference?

Originally posted by juniper angel juniper angel wrote:

It was stated relaxed hair was boring and only one style can be worn with it. If you rocked it you were trying to be white it stinks is unhealthy no matter how long or nice it looks ect. Honestly i don't think this has much to do with you guys saying relaxed heads stink.

P.S     who is bunny
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 51>
  Share Topic