Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Relaxers aren't all that bad?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 51>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 12 Votes, Average 3.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 1:41am
Originally posted by yahya yahya wrote:

And I'm trinidadian where it's a mixture of african and indian heritage, if I went natural would I be denying my indian heritage? 
Wait...what?

LOL
I honestly don't care that much. Relaxed hair doesn't impress me so it doesn't matter what your hair does that the other relaxed hair doesn't do. It's just not what I'm into right now. But you didn't have to belittle natural hair when that's what grows out of your own head and your momma's head, too. That was kind of simple of you. I don't feel I should have to do more than the next woman to make myself fit to be seen. I feel like I look good the way God made me. If you feel like you look good then you don't have to be dependent on heat and chemicals. That's just how I see it but you do you.

and now your going to judge me because I have mixed heritage which means I must have "mixed" hair, right? it's not like race isn't genetic and so doesn't really work in percentages. ugh, more ignorance.

(trying to drop mic)

you really didn't get a thing I was saying huh? I was trying to show you and other people just how it sounds when you belittle relaxed heads by turning the tables! why don't you understand that? how many times do I have to say it! I'm not trying to get you to relax your hair, natural hair is awesome, too. I'm saying stop being insensitive and generalizing relaxed heads! actually, stop generalizing everything! you don't know my mom, she isn't of african descent! there goes some more generalizing.

and look how you commented when I said I'm trinidadian, even more generalizing. just because my mom is mixed and my dad is african doesn't mean I'm going to get the hair type enbetween their's. race isn't genetic. so your going to contribute my hardwork in haircare to me being of mixed heritage? I'm fine with my natural hair, if I could magically become natural without having to go through the aches of transitioning and have the length I have now, I'd greatly consider it.

Edited by yahya - Apr 04 2013 at 2:21am
Sponsored Links

SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 1:42am

And I'm trinidadian where it's a mixture of african and indian heritage, if I went natural would I be denying my indian heritage? 
Wait...what?

LOL

and now your going to judge me because I have mixed heritage which means I must have "mixed" hair, right? it's not like race isn't genetic and so doesn't really work in percentages. ugh, more ignorance.

(trying to drop mic)

You're insane.
yahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote yahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 1:53am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Wait...what?

LOL

(trying to drop mic)

You're insane.
... because of the mic comment? I was referring to what an earlier poster said.
if you have no idea what I mean with the mixed heritage comment, me bringing up something you don't know about doesn't make me insane.
or is it because you still have no idea what I've been talking about this whole time? and I'm just making maniac-like posts to you? because that would explain why it seems like your ignoring every point I make.

Edited by yahya - Apr 04 2013 at 2:18am
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 2:15am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

The "movement" itself is divided by curls and textures being admired more than others as well as length. So its not like its all kisses and hugs by natures. Folks are still not embracing their hair if you're buying various products and mixing up multiple cocktails in hopes of achieving this ideal curl pattern.  

I think the whole 'it betta grow in curly' movement has gotten a bit better than a few years ago.

Or people just found all the info on curl definition on hair forum archives, youtube, fotki, etc so they don't have to ask anymore. LOL
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 2:26am
Y'all Brothas make me sick.Angry

In here crying over a thread that's more than a year old.Angry

Everybody go to bedAngry
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 2:43am
lmfao. this was interesting.
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 2:55am

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

No amount of hair political correctness is going to make that smell go away Cry

No amount of hair political correctness is going to make the knots go away. ^____^ 

(and just so you know, I thanked your comment by accident)
 LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL whew boy yall cracking me up in here tonight
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 3:01am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Everybody go to bedAngry
You know you were entertained like everybody else!AngryLOL
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 3:22am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Everybody go to bedAngry
You know you were entertained like everybody else!AngryLOL

.......SO!!!!!!Angry

Faseriously, it really just started to get redundant and a bit sad, so I decided that everybody needed to go to bed. INCLUDING YOU!!!Stern Smile
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2013 at 3:26am
The hell are y'all bickering over?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 51>