FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Relaxer WONT Take...Answers?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
mercedes27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercedes27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relaxer WONT Take...Answers?!?
    Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 8:07pm
Hey, ladies. I have a dilemma  that I was wondering you could help me with.

My hair has always been thick as a child. Due to breakage, I decided to go natural in March of this year and cut off all the relaxed ends of my hair in the back. Since the front doesn't grow as quickly as the back, I didn't cut down all the relaxed ends. By May I couldn't take the scab hair so I decided to relax it again. I had shaved all the natural hair at the back and relaxed everything else. It was in a short Meagan Good-like style. Ever since then relaxers never take in my hair. Especially the new hair that's grown in the back. I don't know if it's because I'm using a no-lye relaxer but it makes my hair SO dry and brittle. I don't know what to do with it anymore. I can't even wear it out.

Can you guys PLEASE help me??

Edited by mercedes27 - Oct 29 2012 at 8:08pm
Sponsored Links

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 8:55am
I highly recommend that you go to a stylist that knows how to do relaxers and let him or her do your first few applications.

I am not against relaxers, but relaxers aren't for everyone.

Good luck.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by mercedes27 mercedes27 wrote:

My hair has always been thick as a child. Due to breakage, I decided to go natural in March of this year and cut off all the relaxed ends of my hair in the back. Since the front doesn't grow as quickly as the back, I didn't cut down all the relaxed ends. By May I couldn't take the scab hair so I decided to relax it again. I had shaved all the natural hair at the back and relaxed everything else. It was in a short Meagan Good-like style. Ever since then relaxers never take in my hair. Especially the new hair that's grown in the back. I don't know if it's because I'm using a no-lye relaxer but it makes my hair SO dry and brittle. I don't know what to do with it anymore. I can't even wear it out.

What is the brand and strength of the relaxer?  Maybe you need a professional strength relaxer?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercedes27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 8:07pm
It was the Olive Oil Root Stimulator. I can't remember what strength it was because my mom bought it for me. Yeah when I take out my extensions I'll get it done professionally because it feels horribleCry

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

What is the brand and strength of the relaxer?  Maybe you need a professional strength relaxer?
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 5:44pm

It was the Olive Oil Root Stimulator. I can't remember what strength it was because my mom bought it for me. Yeah when I take out my extensions I'll get it done professionally because it feels horribleCry

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I know this an unpopular opinion that I am going to share but I feel that relaxers that are sold to the public are just inconsistent when it comes to results.  Factors that contribute this is the hardness of the water in the customer's home, mistaken damaged hair for "nappy" hair, possible variation of the relaxer strength in the same brand, etc.  Hopefully everything worked out for you.
Bekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2012 at 12:58pm
I'm having the same problem.. I stopped relaxing for almost a year while I was pregnant and now 3 years later.. My hair won't take a relaxer. 
Leezylocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leezylocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 11:02pm
Ihave hair and my hair has NEVER took when i would relax it. Most professional stylist say thats a good thing but while your trying to get bone straight you over process it. Try wrapping it or roller setting your hair and sit under a dryer. Then smooth the roots with flat irons using a heat protection spray.
Leezylocs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leezylocs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 11:04pm
I meant i have thin hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercedes27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Bekah Bekah wrote:

I'm having the same problem.. I stopped relaxing for almost a year while I was pregnant and now 3 years later.. My hair won't take a relaxer. 

It's so annoying, I'm going to go to a professional and use a lye relaxer. The no-lye dries out my hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mercedes27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Leezylocs Leezylocs wrote:

Ihave hair and my hair has NEVER took when i would relax it. Most professional stylist say thats a good thing but while your trying to get bone straight you over process it. Try wrapping it or roller setting your hair and sit under a dryer. Then smooth the roots with flat irons using a heat protection spray.

Thanks for the reply. Out of curiosity why did they say it's a good thing?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic