Forum LockedRelaxer Stretchers Support Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
amhiggs View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2009 at 12:13am
some things that are helping me stretch (well transition actually) are frequent cowashes, bunning, and other protective styles. If you want to wear your hair straight, I would suggest weekly DCing, rollersets, and then pressing your roots with either a pressing comb or a flat iron. There are some videos on you tube that show how to press roots, so that could be helpful. Just make sure to keep your new growth soft with lots of moisturizing products, and don't manipulate it often. My hair tends to break now if I comb it too much, especially if I try to wear it straight (I'm 4 months post). You really have to baby it, but it pays off!
Sponsored Links

PrinceszTori View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2009 at 6:11am
bump
braidsbylolita View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2009 at 12:32pm
WOW 1 year!!! I am on a 6 month stretch and I have a little over 4 months to go according to TickerFactory (lol I wont look at a calendar to count down because I know it  will seem like its soooo far away!)

I am currently in micro braids and I am goin to keep these in for another 3 weeks or so. I plan on wearing my hair for about a week and then I will install a weave, hopefully I can keep that until about early July. Since I plan on using Remy hair I hop to reuse the hair and re-install it until August when I finally relax YAY!!

What is getting me through this stretch is conditioner and Elasta QP mango butter. I also orederd JBCO (Jamaican Black Castor Oil) and I plan on applying that on my scalp the night before my wash days. I will keep you posted on how it goes. HHJ
justme32008 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2009 at 1:26pm
Thanks for starting this thread princesstorri: I would like to know how far post you ladies are, as well as your planned stretching time (6 months, 1 year, etc...) and products you use to help manage your NG.

So here's my info: I'm 7 weeks post relaxer, not sure how long I'm going to strecth yet but hopefully about 6 months, IA with braidsbylolita as far as the Elasta QP mango and I also like Rusk Sensories leave-in smoother (shout-out to sylver2 for this one), it really does INSTANTLY detangle and smooth, so bunning is a piece of cake .  I hope it continues to be this easy!!! LOL
*Addicted2Hair* View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2009 at 1:32pm
I'm 10 weeks post so far.I'm hoping to stretch until my birthday June 10Confused
braidsbylolita View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 12:44pm

Hello all! I have ended my 6 month stretch early! Yes it is true, I have ended it at the halfway point. I had noticed last night that I was experiencing extreme breakage which I took as my hair telling me to go ahead and give it some of that creamy crack; so I did! I am actually in the middle of the relaxing process (sitting here at the computer with the creamy crack on my head waiting for the timer to ding lol!). I will edit this post with each step that I make and I will also do a video of how I wrap and style my hair. So look out for that.

And what relaxer did I use? Mizani Butter Blends of course

Luscious850 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2009 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by braidsbylolita braidsbylolita wrote:

Hello all! I have ended my 6 month stretch early! Yes it is true, I have ended it at the halfway point. I had noticed last night that I was experiencing extreme breakage which I took as my hair telling me to go ahead and give it some of that creamy crack; so I did! I am actually in the middle of the relaxing process (sitting here at the computer with the creamy crack on my head waiting for the timer to ding lol!). I will edit this post with each step that I make and I will also do a video of how I wrap and style my hair. So look out for that.

I love MBB relaxer. Lawd girl Im at the same stage you were in.. halfway and craving the crack. Im still aiming for 6 months.. I can do this.. I can do this.. *reaches for MBB In cabinet* Lawd... LOLLOL
vette2100 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2009 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by braidsbylolita braidsbylolita wrote:

Hi, ladies, I just wanted to ask how do you know when you have stretched long enough? But I guess you have already answered my question. If you are not experiencing any breakage and your new growth is still manageable would you continue to stretch or do you think that would be harmful in the long run.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic