Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sunnshyne79 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relaxer after semi- permanent
    Posted: Sep 17 2006 at 4:12pm

How long after a semi permanent dye, can you relax your hair? I'm seeing a lot of posts about dye after relaxer but haven't found one about relaxer after dye. Any help would be great. I put a semi-permanent in last Sunday and I'm just wondering how long I need to wait for relaxer.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links

Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2006 at 10:43pm
I would wait for 7-14 days to be on the safe side.  There are some semi-permanent that can be used the same day as a relaxer.  But, for myself I would rather wait.  Condition your hair very good.  I always do my relaxer before a color.  Because, the rule of thumb is you color a relaxer, not relax a color.  Because, the color can change, and it is much healthier for your hair.

Edited by Claudie - Sep 27 2006 at 10:12pm
tammy11413 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2006 at 9:03pm
The reason you should always color a relaxer is because the relaxer will rinse out your color.It safe to color the same day but only with a rinse or semi permenant.Youcould still go back and color it again.
amandita View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2006 at 6:08pm
i have been using semi perms for years(never used a permannt color lol it terrifies me) u may perm over a semi with no harm done ...been doing it for years and i still have massive amounts of hair lol... semi perm hair color is only a coating and washes out so if the color comes out u may go over the top of it after your relaxer... i use dark and lovely reviving colors comes w ith a nice leave in condtioner too
sweedie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2006 at 10:23am
the only thing about perming over a semi permenant or a rinse is the relaxer will remove alot of your color that you just put in.
HairDoctor View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2007 at 9:31pm
Hi--Semi-permanent hair colors are gentle, containing vegetable ingredients and conditioners. They can actually enhance sheen and add resilience to hair. They are not harsh like permanent hair colors because they do not lift the hair cuticles, but coat the cuticles. This is the reason that color rinses out when the hair is wet. I recommend using semi-permanent coloring on the day of your relaxer when the cuticle has been lifted by the relaxer. This allows the semi color to last longer because it partially enters the cuticle. Applying semi coloring on the day of a perm WILL NOT harm the hair; it actually makes the look healthier and feel stronger. I've performed these two processes in the same day hundreds of times in my 25-year career as a hairstylist.  
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic