FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRelaxed hair regimen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SweetWhispers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Relaxed hair regimen
    Posted: Feb 01 2005 at 12:33pm

I have a friend whose hair is relaxed. She does nothing to her  hair, no deep conditioning, rarely moisturises, doesn't sleep with a silk/satin scarf. We are going product shopping tomorrow. She has forced me to go with her because she knows nothing. Her hair is dry and breaking at the ends. We live in a cold climate. Can anyone give me advice on this. I don't have relaxed hair so i don't know what products to use. She has long relaxed hair and relaxes her hair around 2-3 times a year. Any advice?

Edited by SweetWhispers
Sponsored Links

NYDoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2005 at 12:50pm

Her ends are probably just split....therefore she should cut them. It is good to trim hair,(cut split ends) every six to 8 weeks.

she should use a satin pillow case if she doesnt like to cover her head

As far as products, since her hair is dry she may need a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Maybe creme of nature shampoo would work ....as far as conditioner, she should try organic root stimulator hair mayonnaise and leave it on for 10-15 mins before washing out and styling.

She could also try the nexxus humetrics line (shampoo and conditioner) they usually make very good products to help restore moisture and elasticity in of the hair.

Aphogee has a moisturizing conditioner as well as a kerotine reconstructor that may be good for her hair as well, but i usually use these products when my hair is in really bad shape.......like extremely dry and brittle......

There are a host of products for relaxed hair and they can be hit or miss depending on the type of hair one has and how one likes their hair to look and feel after the wash and dry. SOme of the products can be too heavy for one's hair...... 

One thing i definatley know wont hurt is once hair is washed, dried and styled, she can apply a dime size amount of extra light olive oil for  moisture and  shine every other day or every two days........

GOOD LUCK TO YOU & YOUR FRIEND  

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2005 at 1:04pm
Thanks NY Doll, very good advice!
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2005 at 6:52pm
I would also like to add that she invest in a humidifier, since there is no moisture in the air.  Also she should wear a silk scarf undeath a wool or fleecy hat.  Those suckers suck all the moisture from the hair.
quenquen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2005 at 9:32pm

Make sure to keep hair and ends moisturize....Motions are also good products

tinky View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2005 at 1:13am
Originally posted by quenquen quenquen wrote:

Make sure to keep hair and ends moisturize....Motions are also good products

i hear that motions product are not good at all. i never used motions on my hair but i hear that they lye relaxer and the moisturizing lotion is bad for the hair. i hear this all the time.
TrueEssence View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2005 at 1:49am

I love Motions products ,Cpr and Oil MoisturizerProtein Conditioner  and The Leave in r the Best products of the line,I heard some good reviews about the Oil sheen too.The oIl Moisturizer lotion sucks,My hair just dont like any kind of Oil Moisturizer.Motions is defintley in my Top 5 List ,but as for a moisturizing conditioner I would suggest Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm (my numero uno!)and Mizani Moisturfuse, Motions Oil Moisturizer Conditoner gives great moisture and shine aswell.

I would suggest ur friend to get a trim and just start moisturizing her hair everyday w a water based product.

Edited by TrueEssence

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2005 at 4:58am
Thank you all, she went to the shop without me and bought ORS Olive oil Its has mineral oil plus I hate their products. We will go again next week.
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2005 at 8:39am

Well in the meanwhile, why don't you make a list of what she needs.  For example:
Moisturizing shampoo(sles and sls free), moisturizing conditioner, protein conditioner( like a reconstructor or so), a moisturizer (mineral, petroleum, and to a lesser extent lanolin free), a leave-in conditioner (watery or creamy, her choice), a good heat protectant, and a daily moisturizer (good leave-in would fall under this).  A silk scarf and a wide tooth comb will help also. Good luck.

TrueEssence View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2005 at 9:26am
CON ultra Moisturizing Shampoo is excellent 4 relaxed hair(green bottle)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic