FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Referring to your fianceé

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

It doesn't matter to me. My bf proposed yesterday and it's gonna take me a while to get out of the habit of calling him my bf. If he accidentally called me his gf, I wouldn't sweat it.

As long as you're not calling me gf when we're married, I'm good.
aww congrats
Sponsored Links

harley_quinn View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote harley_quinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:47am
I'm not big on titles. I prefer to be called by my name.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:47am
Thanks guys!
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 11:55am
congrats GGG! 

tell us the story.. 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:25pm
Sorry coco, I was cooking.

Backstory: We met back in '09 at work. We never said a word to one another at work, just hello in passing. Fast forward 3 years, we get laid off and run into one another in the Target parking lot and spark up convo. A few months later, we unknowingly end up working for the same co again (hated the job, I quit after a few weeks), we exchanged numbers and the rest is history.

He also left the job shortly thereafter...the only good thing that came outta that job was our relationship.

It wasn't love at first sight obviously, but this is the first time I've felt like I wanted to spend the rest of my life with someone. Like, we are total opposites...I'm the mouth of relationship and he is so quiet, reserved, and laid-back...but we click.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:29pm
wow... what odd coincidences.. sounds like fate.  

but i meant like the actual proposal story... 
did he do it in a restaurant or put it on a blimp in the air or do anything extra romantic/special? what did he say? 

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:33pm
It was supposed to be romantic, I kinda ruined that...lol

I knew it was coming, I just didn't know when. I found the ring in his closet a few months back, and on NYE he asked if I wanted to go to the justice of the peace. I told him he was talking crazy and ignored it.

But he was acting weird these last few days. He woke up Friday morning asking what we were having for dinner. Mind you it was like 7am...I'm half sleep with slobber on my face. He suggested dinner at this restaurant downtown.

Friday night ended up being chaotic and I cancelled dinner plans.

So yesterday morning, he faked a tantrum. He was being really standoffish and acting like an a-hole.

I have an open-door policy. No closed doors unless you're showering or sh*tting. If you're in a room, the door stays open. We both respect this.

So we're in the bedroom watching tv, and he gets up and closes the bedroom door behind him. I wait like 5 mins., and get up to see what the heck is going on.

I open the bedroom door and there he is at the doorway on his knee with the ring.

He told me he wanted to do it at dinner the night before, and was going to reschedule but he couldn't wait anymore.
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:36pm
awwwwww! Congrats GG! I'm sooo happy for you! Much happiness my love!
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:36pm

I have an open-door policy. No closed doors unless you're showering or sh*tting. If you're in a room, the door stays open. We both respect this.

Congrats and yay and all that!

What's the reason for this policy? I always wonder about the origin of people's quirks (probably because I have so many).
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2014 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Congrats and yay and all that!

What's the reason for this policy? I always wonder about the origin of people's quirks (probably because I have so many).

I get it from my family. They consider it rude and uninviting. My grandma would take the door off of the hinges if you closed it...

Edited by GoodGirlGoneGr8 - Jan 12 2014 at 3:41pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic