FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

re-dying my weave hair

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
love_angel011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: re-dying my weave hair
    Posted: Nov 23 2012 at 1:01am
I dyed my uninstalled weave burgundy (or at least it was supposed to be burgundy) with garnier nutrisse's deep burgundy box dye but the color barely showed up :( I initially thought to lift the color some with just 30 developer but I didn't want to overdue it and have it show brighter than my natural hair.  So now I am wondering, is it too soon to re-dye the hair tomorrow (with garnier medium intense red) or should I do a rinse? and also, since the hair is now a little darker than it was initially should I use the 30 developer first and use the burgundy dye again or will it cause too much damage? I don't have many options seeing as my appointment is on saturday 
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 8:28pm

Not too sure if my advise will work for extension hair but you can do a hair dye removal technique called a "Bleach bath" or "soap cap" Mix equal parts shampoo, water and hair bleach  to a creamy consistancy (like yogurt) then apply to the hair. This stuff works quickly so it'll be best to keep an eye on it and scrape of the mixture every two minutes to see how much dye has been lifted out. Don't leave it on for more than 15 minutes. Rinse well, use a reconstructor, followed by a deep moisturizing condtioner. Wait about 24 hours to recolor with any dye that requires a developer.

love_angel011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 25 2012 at 2:30pm
I already did it =/ lol I re-dyed it with the other garnier dye and it came out they way I wanted it too. but thanks for you response! :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic