FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Red to Blonde

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red to Blonde
    Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 6:14pm

A few days ago I attempted to dye my natural hair with Intense Red from Loreal HiColor for Dark Hair. It looks like I used a red rinse. No lift at all and I used a 30 Developer.

I am going to try again with a honey blonde or light red box color because I know it will lift my hair, even though it will be brassy.  I want the hair to show red......so I need more lift, but I don't want very light roots later on with darker ends....which is why I am thinking that I need to remove some of the red.  Will dying with a more powerul lift help me achieve these results? I may have to use a demipermanent dye or rinse later to even it out, but I want the color to show.
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2012 at 12:43pm
No, trying to use haircolor to lighten previously dyed hair doesn't work. You'll have to use an actual hair lightener (aka hair bleach) or use a technique called a "soap cap" or "bleach bath".
RicaChica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RicaChica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 5:57am
I've used HiColor in red and magenta and I would recommend those over the intense red depending on the look your going for. Personally I would just do another application if the loreal...or u could do something like manic panic leave it on for two hours instead of the recommended time.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic