Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Red to Blonde Ombre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
kppoohbear500 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kppoohbear500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red to Blonde Ombre
    Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 4:44pm

Hello, does anybody know how I can achieve this red to blonde transition. I have an idea but I am not quite sure. Thank you in advance for all your answers! Smile
Sponsored Links

princesshoneybee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshoneybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:26pm
I would  bleach the hair till I get that yellow blonde and just use manic panic red to paint the top redSmile
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 11:20pm

Is this a wig or extensions in the screenshot? It looks that they bought hair that was a level 7 gold red blonde (I guess that's a shade #27) and then applied a level 5 red violet shade possibly a semi-permenant dye on the top half. If you're doing this on your own reall hair, lighten to a level 7 golden blnde shae, and apply the red shade form the roots down (with a tintbrush for even coverage) and apply a honey blonde toner to the ends. Rinse with cold water in sections to keep the red from bleed into the blonde.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kppoohbear500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 8:21am
Yes this person did it on extensions and I want to do this on my extensions as well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kppoohbear500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 10:29am
Yes it is extensions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by kppoohbear500 kppoohbear500 wrote:

Yes this person did it on extensions and I want to do this on my extensions as well

My suggestion would be to buy extensions in the blonde shade and a warm (orange gold red) based red haircolor; it'll transition better with he honey gold blonde shade.  Be sure to apply the haircolor with a tintbrush for even coverage.
TRENDIIVERSE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRENDIIVERSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 2:27pm

I did this. The red will run into the blonde and mess it up during washing if you're not careful lol. I'll post a pic if my iPad will let me later. I bleached, then applied a red rinse (Adore red hot) to the middle and left the tips blonde.

ETA- i actually used 2 diff reds and a orangy color on the ends. I'll post those pics later too.

Edited by TRENDIIVERSE - Mar 12 2013 at 2:29pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by TRENDIIVERSE TRENDIIVERSE wrote:

I did this. The red will run into the blonde and mess it up during washing if you're not careful lol. I'll post a pic if my iPad will let me later. I bleached, then applied a red rinse (Adore red hot) to the middle and left the tips blonde.

ETA- i actually used 2 diff reds and a orangy color on the ends. I'll post those pics later too.

That sucks, TRENDIIVERSE! Adore colors tend to bleed out easily even when you're careful. There's a few things to do to help keep red form running into the blonde. Section the hair into quarters and apply condtioner to the blonde parts first when the hair is dry. then only shampoo your scalp using lukewarm/cool water to rinse this should help keep the color bleeding to a minimum. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kppoohbear500 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2013 at 3:29pm
Yes Please post pictures!! Thanks you!
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 2:57am
Oh it looks like it would be pretty for the summer..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic