Perfect Hair Collection

red lipstick...for casual daywear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: red lipstick...for casual daywear
    Posted: Apr 05 2013 at 9:24am
In an effort to get a more ladylike appearance to my outfits I will take on the challenge to wear red lipstick during the day. I don't want to look to "sexed up" or like I am trying to hard.

What is the best way to make it last through the day? How do I stop it from getting on stuff? Have you worn red lipstick for daytime with positive results?
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2013 at 9:31am

I rarely wear red during the day to work but when I do, I opt for a dark red with a hint of brown.  I use Mac Dobonnet with Portside lipliner.  This lipstick is not matte though and it needs touching up throughout the day.  If you want something matte, try Revlon or NYX.

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2013 at 9:35am

Mac Lady Danger is another red I like.  It is matte and has an orange undertone.

GoldieLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2013 at 10:10am

Mac Ruby Woo is my favorite, but be warned it isa very noticable red. If you're going for a more subtle tone try the Mac Diva. It is more dark auburn hued and is more versatile with different red lip liners.

msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 05 2013 at 12:00pm

even though i think a red lip oozes sex appeal even when you really may not want it to, Im an advocate of wearing any shade of red at any time of day.. I think the outfit hair etc will determine how casual or how sexy it comes off.

rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2013 at 11:36am
I like nyc sheer red for daytime
Cali naps View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cali naps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by mangachan mangachan wrote:

In an effort to get a more ladylike appearance to my outfits I will take on the challenge to wear red lipstick during the day. I don't want to look to "sexed up" or like I am trying to hard.

What is the best way to make it last through the day? How do I stop it from getting on stuff? Have you worn red lipstick for daytime with positive results?
Oh I love wearing red lipstick! Lip primer helps keep the lipstick on throughout the day. Blotting and lightly dusting your lips with translucent powder helps keep the lipstick from getting everywhere. All you need is confidence to get positive results from wearing red lipstick no matter what time of day!Good luck! Big smileBig smile

SoFrolushes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoFrolushes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 2:36pm
Rimmel Kate collection lipsticks have a few wearable red lipsticks you can find good ones in the original black tubes or the red tubes which are the matte ones
KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 5:40pm
When I wear red (rarely), I apply a thin layer of a nude lipstick then apply the red. It tones it down a great deal and still has a "red" appeal. 
Queenbeeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queenbeeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 4:32am
I wear red lipstick anytime of the day...even wear it to work, I've never really thought about the "sexiness" of it. I usually wear Revlon Really Red. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>