BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Health Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

recurrent yeast infection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
Ashleyano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2012 at 9:30pm
as simple as it is LOTS OF WATER..LOTS
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2012 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Ashleyano Ashleyano wrote:

as simple as it is LOTS OF WATER..LOTS

It's more than that, she has to modify her diet for a while.  Since yeast thrive on sugar and other molds, she needs to cut back on processed foods (that includes wheat, sugar, etc), abstain from most fruits, and I forget what else.  Look into the candida diet.  If you like teas, incorporate teas like red clover, pau d'arco, dandelion root or leaves, etc.
Sweetness404 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sweetness404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:14pm
Are you ready for this??? Garlic, Garlic, Garlic. Mother nature  provides us with  the cures for a lot these diseases, we just have to research and see what works for you. As many have already said, cut out sugar, all processed food, and alcohol beverages. You wanna keep your diet alkaline based because yeast cant thrive in alkalized environment. Now for the garlic cure. Yeast is fungus and garlic is anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. So when you notice the first signs of the infection, you get a good size garlic clove and peel the skin. Insert the clove at night because the smell of garlic is too much during the day. One treatment usually does the trick, but if more severe then two-three nights should do. I did this for the last three infections and its been fours years since my last case.Thumbs Up
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 7:41pm
Wow...I am taking antibiotics and with that I usually get yeast infections.  But this time around, it has been none (knocks on wood).  I drink a lot of water and I cook with garlic (an obscene amount).   I still eat clean while on these antibiotics but so far I am good.  I believe I had a bout of a bladder infection at one point but it has cleared up.
UrbanElegance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanElegance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:01pm
I suggest taking a probiotic that is especially for women such as Iflora women

Reduce sugar intake.

Eliminate artificial sweeteners completely...they are the devil!

Reduce alcohol as much as possible especially beer

Utilize a homemade douche 2-3 times only. Mix 1-2 cups distilled water, 2-3 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar (brags), 2 cut up cloves of garlic, 1-2 drops of oil of oragano. It's better if it the mixture sits a while before you use.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 2:31pm
Braggs makes mine worse and not better but I know a lot of women have great success w/Braggs. I'm jealous, lol
I don't have a uterus anymore (hysterectomy, yaaayyyy!) ,so I deal w/ mine by douching, either alone or combined w/ Fluconazole orally for an "double" treatment.

If I feel one coming, I douche w/ peroxide and water, twice a day for 3 days and it usually nips it in the bud.

I have had great success w/ the garlic clove remedy as well.

I have chopped up garlic, put it in a glass container filled w/ water for at least 24 hrs and douched w/ that 2x a day for 3 days and had great success as well.

I swear by probiotics tho. I participated in a probiotic study at Duke University 13 yrs ago and it turned me into a believer. I have always been told my Ph was "off" and suffered recurring BV and or/yeast.

Using Diflucan/Fluconazole over time will make the yeast resistant and those meds will eventually stop working. That 1 and 3 day stuff you insert is too strong. Not strong as in killing the yeast, just so strong it causes allergic reactions.  If you're going to treat it w/creams, suck it up and do the 5-7 day treatment to prevent recurrence.
IIMoniqueII View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IIMoniqueII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 10:14pm
Hot towel for instant relief.
Squirt Apple Cider Vinegar.

Bammy001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bammy001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 8:27pm
This is my FIRST EVER post, but I have had many a yeast infection and it is freaking annoying. Some things:

1) There is a body cleanse called humaworm, it is mainly for human parasites but all of the herbs (it is entirely natural) also help with candida, as well as bacterial. You can google it if you are interested in a cleanse

2) Coconut oil!!!! You can eat this, finger it up there, or even create suppositories. I suggest a combo of all three, for two weeks. For suppositories, you just heat it up a bit into a liquid (it is solid at room temp) and make little bullets in like the finger of a rubber glove or something. Stick it in the freezer or fridge until you are ready to use. When you stick it up there you must lie down immediately for the night, your body will warm it up and make it liquid and it will leak out if you are up right. Warning: It will leak out in the morning. I'd do this for two weeks, while eating 1 tbsp 3 times a day for the two weeks, and then also in the morning/at lunch finger a bit up there (save the suppository for night). Eating it will stop it from remaining dormant in your body.
If you like to take baths, you can even put a little bit of coconut oil in there just for maintenance.
Boo Boo Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boo Boo Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 9:51pm
Tea Tree Oil Suppositories Thumbs Up
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2013 at 5:21pm
Sorry if this is TMI. I don't have a YI now but I've had 2 from receiving oral in the past. Whenever I do decide to engage in it can i just use an acv douche to prevent a YI from happening? I'm just curious about my options, thanks.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic