Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Recommendations for Vitamin C for Face

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:47pm
double penetration post

Edited by ImThatDiva - Nov 03 2012 at 6:42pm
Sponsored Links

ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:48pm
I, make my own...I adds a drip our two of rose essential oil now that my fiancé bought me...
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:58pm
I just realized that I've been using vit c on my face cus the amla has a lot of it.. I do amla masks..
I will still add another to use everyday
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 5:02pm
can i add this into my butter? the jane carter butter has these ingredients

Shea butter, Kokum butter, Illippe butter, Mango butter, Vitamins A, D, & E, grapefruit essential oils. 
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Shea butter, Kokum butter, Illippe butter, Mango butter, Vitamins A, D, & E, grapefruit essential oils. 

Pity, there are different kinds of Vitamin C.  The butter is an Anhydrous product, therefore the water soluble Vit C will not work.  The one to purchase to use with the ingredients ^^is L-ascorbyl Palmitate. 

Edited by Claudie - Nov 03 2012 at 6:39pm
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 6:45pm
Vitamin C is acidic, the maximum percentage to use is 4-5%  Do not sleep on Coenzyme Q10, and Argireline.  They are amazing ingredients for skin Wink.
SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 6:45pm
Pity I don't see a problem with adding it to your face cream. But...huge but....you will have to experiment the correct amount to add to your cream. Is your jar huge? If so maybe make a small batch first. 

Here's a link that will help the ladies adding to their existing face creams:

Per the article. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon powdered L-ascorbic acid--a stable form of vitamin C--with 1/4 cup of your favorite store-bought or homemade face cream

1/8 to 1/4 is approximately 20% Vit C Solution 

ETA; Oopsie. Sorry ladies. I'm rambling about face creams. Had a brain fart....and just realized you were talking bout colored buttersShift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Edited by SeducTress - Nov 03 2012 at 6:50pm
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Pity, there are different kinds of Vitamin C.  The butter is an Anhydrous product, therefore the water soluble Vit C will not work.  The one to purchase to use with the ingredients ^^is L-ascorbyl Palmitate. 

thanks claudie!
can i get it from the websites posted?  i am getting older and i decided recently i need to do more with my skin
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

Vitamin C is acidic, the maximum percentage to use is 4-5%  Do not sleep on Coenzyme Q10, and Argireline.  They are amazing ingredients for skin Wink.

I take this orally. Can I squeeze one to apply to my face?
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Pity I don't see a problem with adding it to your butter. But...huge but....you will have to experiment the correct amount to add to your cream. Is your jar huge? If so maybe make a small batch first. 

Here's a link that will help the ladies adding to their existing face creams:

Per the article. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon powdered L-ascorbic acid--a stable form of vitamin C--with 1/4 cup of your favorite store-bought or homemade face cream

1/8 to 1/4 is approximately 20% Vit C Solution 
i usually a finger amount. i know you guys said to make it everyday.  the jar is decent size.  i use it for my hair and face.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 21>
  Share Topic