BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recommendations for Vitamin C for Face

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 21>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 5:02pm
Coco you can keep it simple and still reap the glow! Asorbic acid mixed in with your fav serum for a boost. 

Purp I like to use mine immediately. I've done it both ways. Honestly I love the immediate glow from the KISS method. The more labor intense method has it's perks though. It has a long term rejuvenating effect.

Claudie I'm going to check out those ingredientsGeek
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 5:05pm
You can't go wrong with either option. Coco I wouldn't discourage you from trying out the retail option per se....... But eventually grab some asorbic acid and note the results in your homemade mix vs store bought brand.

The homemade option will be superior to retail because it's far more potent by being fresher. 
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 5:07pm
yes I  ordered the one Boston posted. I will make some too.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

I buy my ingredients from
http://stores.skinessentialactives.com

I think you might like this store Purple... I do they have Borage Oil

darn. SEA isn't shipping orders til Nov 9th.

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 5:15pm
thanks seducky i will try both.

but how much (estimate) do you think you spend on all of those ingredients? and about how long does it take you to make a batch?

i am typically a natural kinda girl.. i dont really use anything on my face that is out of a store.. like i do amla masks and exfoliate with brown sugar, honey, and vit e mix, oil cleansing method, etc.. but that philosopy one doesnt have any bad ingredients in it (that i can see).. so im on the fence about which i should try first.
i will try just plain ol asorbic acid too.. but i do want the long term benefits that all the other ingredients can bring... im starting to look old already.  
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I buy my ingredients from
http://stores.skinessentialactives.com

I think you might like this store Purple... I do they have Borage Oil

darn. SEA isn't shipping orders til Nov 9th.

gosh...
in that case i guess ill just go with the philosphy one for now. its supposedly 98% vit c...  
hma128 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hma128 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 5:51pm
I'll have to try this :)
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 5:53pm

Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

Once water is in a mix, I am not an advocate of not using a preservative.  Unless the product is used within 2 days. 

There are other ingredients more powerful than Vitamin C, and yield faster and better results.  My two favourite ingredients are Pycnogenol and Matrixyl.

Indeed, I use Phenoxyethanol (a few drops as a preservative)... However the SKB / Sea Kelp Bioferment also has the same ^^ preservative

The SKB has a preservative already so I use the same one just a few drops...

Okay, do not use more  percentage of a preservative for the amount of your batch.  Too much preservative in a batch, is as dangerous as too little .  Keep in mind the percentage of preservative in an ingredient, is only enough to preserve the ingredient  Big smile
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Coco you can keep it simple and still reap the glow! Asorbic acid mixed in with your fav serum for a boost. 

Purp I like to use mine immediately. I've done it both ways. Honestly I love the immediate glow from the KISS method. The more labor intense method has it's perks though. It has a long term rejuvenating effect.

Claudie I'm going to check out those ingredientsGeek

Great, they are awesome Wink
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

thanks seducky i will try both.

but how much (estimate) do you think you spend on all of those ingredients? and about how long does it take you to make a batch?

i am typically a natural kinda girl.. i dont really use anything on my face that is out of a store.. like i do amla masks and exfoliate with brown sugar, honey, and vit e mix, oil cleansing method, etc.. but that philosopy one doesnt have any bad ingredients in it (that i can see).. so im on the fence about which i should try first.
i will try just plain ol asorbic acid too.. but i do want the long term benefits that all the other ingredients can bring... im starting to look old already.  

Hmmmm.... 

Well, I tend to keep my ingredients simple for my daily usage batch. Literally ascorbic acid with rosewater. Or just a smidgen of ascorbic in the palm of my hand mixed with my nightly moisturizer.

So my KISS routine is about 12-14 bucks. And the supply lasts forever. Easily 3-4 months. Minimum. 

Now the more developed products will run you more, but it will also last a long time.

I'm sorry Coco. It's hard for me to put a finger on when my supplies run out b/c they really don't run out often. Let's just say if you order the kit to make it once, you will have the tools handy to make a batch for a couple of months.

I say give the Philosophy one a whirl! I used the same stuff and I looooved it! OMG! I just remembered how much I loved that stuff. That was my intro product to Vit C.
The only reason I stopped using retail versions was because every batch is not fresh, price, and being a natural girl such as yourself. 

One tip. If it looks orange your vitamin c serum is already getting a lil stale. Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 21>
  Share Topic