Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Recommendations for Vitamin C for Face

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 22>
Hair ViVi

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mommykat View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mommykat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

Originally posted by mommykat mommykat wrote:

Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

Once water is in a mix, I am not an advocate of not using a preservative.  Unless the product is used within 2 days. 

There are other ingredients more powerful than Vitamin C, and yield faster and better results.  My two favourite ingredients are Pycnogenol and Matrixyl.

Indeed, I use Phenoxyethanol (a few drops as a preservative)... However the SKB / Sea Kelp Bioferment also has the same ^^ preservative

The SKB has a preservative already so I use the same one just a few drops...

Okay, do not use more  percentage of a preservative for the amount of your batch.  Too much preservative in a batch, is as dangerous as too little .  Keep in mind the percentage of preservative in an ingredient, is only enough to preserve the ingredient  Big smile

This is why I love BHM… OK… bring out the… NERD…
I use this formula C1V1=C2V2 or C1 x V1 = C2 x V2
C = Concentration
V = Volume to find the percentage that I want to make for the week.
On a lazy day, I like to use a percentage calculator--
http://skinessentialactives.blogspot.co.uk/p/percentage-calculator.html

or a batch calculator. http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Calculators/Batch_Size_Calculator.aspx

Most of the time my preservative is @ 1 percent or less out of 100. Because each item(s) that I make… the Total Batch Volume has to be 100%.
Much Love MK…
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

Here is the list of all that we will need:

Pure vitamin c powder (l-ascorbic acid) 1/4 tsp
Distilled water (or rose water). 2 tsp
Glycerine. 1 tsp
Vitamin E gel capsule 1 capsule
An empty glass bottle to store your serum (you could clean and use an old paediatric medicine bottle)

I'm going to make this tonight

ok i can do this.
i feel like i can find all of this at the vitamin shoppe.

honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 3:59pm
Vitamin e acts as a preservative too. 
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

Here is the list of all that we will need:

Pure vitamin c powder (l-ascorbic acid) 1/4 tsp
Distilled water (or rose water). 2 tsp
Glycerine. 1 tsp
Vitamin E gel capsule 1 capsule
An empty glass bottle to store your serum (you could clean and use an old paediatric medicine bottle)

I'm going to make this tonight

GO HONEY! Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

LOL Embarrassed
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:00pm
I have some 70,000 iu vit E that I plan to mix with my serum. 
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

I have some 70,000 iu vit E that I plan to mix with my serum. 

Wow that's a high iu! My logic is that the higher the iu, the more preservative power it has. Tongue
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:07pm
oh great!

MommyKat/fellow NERD: how much of a 70,000 iu Vit E should I use if I'm making the mix using measurements in Honey's post? (1/4 tsp L-acid)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:08pm
^^it's liquid Vit E not capsule form.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:26pm
I had a high IU vit e and I noticed that it broke my skin out in itchy little bumps..

Now I use a lower dosage and make sure it's the natural form of vit e and it doesn't break me out. I am able to drink it too...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 4:33pm
I use it for dark spots and it works great for me. I add some to my hair stuff sometimes and my homemade shower gels.
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 22>
  Share Topic