Perfect Hair Collection

Recipe for stronger Hair: Peanut Butter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
atexaschick View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recipe for stronger Hair: Peanut Butter
    Posted: Apr 26 2010 at 8:27am
This might sound weird but it really works:

-Put peanut butter on your hair as if you were perming it
-Put a plastic bag over it
-Sit under a dryer or sleep in it over night
-Wash it out

Your hair will feel very strong and have LESS shedding

Edited by atexaschick - Jun 15 2011 at 10:36pm
Sponsored Links

carameldiva1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2010 at 3:58pm
I am going to try this. Thanks for the tip.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 4:13pm
Ur Welcome
SummerRuby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SummerRuby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2010 at 4:45pm
Hmm...peanut butter is usually nothing but peanuts, peanut oil, and some other vegetable oils. We all know that oils nourish hair, but peanuts (and, therefore, peanut butters) are chock full of protein.

So, going through that series of thoughts, this seems to be just another protein treatment, with some oils added in for extra goodness.

Just wanted to figure out how this treatment works.
Tongue
Lilnicka4u2nv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilnicka4u2nv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2010 at 4:54pm
^^I agree, and if anybody is allergic to peanuts, please stay away!!!
love_akihsoy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_akihsoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2010 at 5:54pm
if the smell off PB didn't nauseate me I'd so try this!

Also, I'm scared it would be hard to rinse out unless you thin it out with something...
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atexaschick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2010 at 8:59am
My beautician told me this and me and a few family members have been trying it for years. I had long but thin brittle hair, and my hair did a complete 360. It doesn't act as an oil treatment, it merely strengthens the hair and prevents shedding (I'm guessing from the proteinWink). But It washes out fine when I sit under a dryer for 30-45 mins and then wash it out with warm/hot water (it melts right out).
The only thing I suggest is doing it before a perm or pressing because it makes your hair coarse.
dark_duchess86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark_duchess86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 2:27pm
Ive been shedding a whole lot lately so I will try this. I'll let you guys know the results.
4baddest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4baddest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 6:58pm
PEANUT BUTTER?????!!!  OMG LOLLOL
sjleo728 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjleo728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 10:00am
Peanut butter on hair? I'm a bit skeptical but my hair hasn't been strong for a very very long time and I'm tired of running my fingers through my hair and finding pieces of hair on my hand. I'm sure you all understand my frustration and with that said, I will try to the peanut butter treatment and I'll pass the word on. I'll reply with a post to let you all know how it came out.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>