BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Recently Graduated? Unemployed??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 1:03pm
Meets the latino rapper quota after Pun died, and since he came up with some heavy hitters in the mid to late 90s, he gets co-signs from a bunch of rappers (and subsequently, features).

I've never liked Fat Joe.
Sponsored Links

Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 1:17pm
ahhh, i see. i forgot about those hits after i listened to "Instagram that Hoe"

jr.
tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 1:32pm

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I want to add that if your resume is full of bullet points, throw it out

Act is if you are writing a brief, 5 sentence (a little more or less) story about your past and current work experience, per position. Make it sound as interesting as possible instead of a boring listing of your tasks at work.

Also try to make your cover letters fit not only the position but the company as well

If you are applying for the same type of work during your search it makes sense that major edits are not required for every letter but your intro and closing paragraphs should always be unique

for both resume and cover letter, use keywords that are in the job description

Whoa really?? My resume is all bullet points.. I even took it to my career services and she didn't say anything about it.. my school is so useless. She did advice me on using keywords that are in the job description though
tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

LMFAO @ 3 weeks. sh*t, im offended.

jr.

right?LOL

hahah i knowww.. but what the hell am i supposed to do in the mean time?! lol my friend told me to just do waitressing or something, just so at least i'm doing something.. i mean im also working on my thesis so hopefully that'll keep me busy
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 3:16pm
I just wanted to mention that if there are any unemployed nurses out there, it would be to your benefit to apply outside of heavily metro areas( especially south florida, its just too saturated) and look into more suburban or rural areas. Sometimes, you just have to move out of state.

I get annoyed with these articles on yahoo and msn that say that the best major to get a job is this or that when the truth is everyone is struggling and just getting the degree doesn't guarantee you a job.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by tbaby123 tbaby123 wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

LMFAO @ 3 weeks. sh*t, im offended.

jr.

right?LOL

hahah i knowww.. but what the hell am i supposed to do in the mean time?! lol my friend told me to just do waitressing or something, just so at least i'm doing something.. i mean im also working on my thesis so hopefully that'll keep me busy

Where are you based? Location plays a lot into this. No lie, in NYC, you can get by doing something alternate that can still be lucrative until an ideal position opens up. I know a lot of ppl who got into marketing/sales because they were doing promotional work. It's no shame, the hours are flexible and you can make good money. Before I started at the pharma company, I spent a yr doing promos and trade show work. I didn't work a 9-5 and I sh!t you not, I made $45K that yr - mostly off the books. Plus I networked and met a lot of ppl - many of whom I deal with now for my own company.

Doing the pharma job was actually a step down in pay but at the time I really wanted something more stable as promo work can be a bit of a hustle during the off season if that's not your thing.
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by pattigurlatl pattigurlatl wrote:

You really have to decide what is important to you, money or passion in what you do. Very few people are able to have both.

Networking is the key to really succeed in any field you choose as well as understanding your market worth. I work in Network Security but I originally went to school for Journalism. I had to adapt to the changing and emerging needs of today's society. And it worked out to my benefit. I know people who went to law school and practiced and were successful only to leave it all and do home renovations and become even more successful.

The key is to not be discourage and not see your degree as your only way out and certainly not see it as a mistake or a waste of time. All knowledge adds value to who you are. You just have to sell it. And everything is marketable. Art degrees, Physical Therapy, History Degrees, Marine Biology....they all matter.

I wish everyone good luck because I know how hard it can be.

< id="adlesse_unifier_magic_element_id" style="display:none;">

ClapHeartVery inspiring! I had to copy and paste this in a word documentClap
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 4:29pm

Act is if you are writing a brief, 5 sentence (a little more or less) story about your past and current work experience, per position. Make it sound as interesting as possible instead of a boring listing of your tasks at work.

Also try to make your cover letters fit not only the position but the company as well

If you are applying for the same type of work during your search it makes sense that major edits are not required for every letter but your intro and closing paragraphs should always be unique

Whoa really?? My resume is all bullet points.. I even took it to my career services and she didn't say anything about it.. my school is so useless. She did advice me on using keywords that are in the job description though

I would take that advice with a grain of salt...depending on what career field your in.
MinnyMiss16 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinnyMiss16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Originally posted by MinnyMiss16 MinnyMiss16 wrote:

PM me when you find out! I live in Jersey btw, willing to commute to New YorkCry

I've found (and this is definitely unfair) that putting a commuter addy on resumes will make them pass you over. As someone who's had to hire while I was working for other companies (as I know work for myself), the actual owners (I always worked for small companies) shied away from hiring anyone with a commute more than 20 minutes. It's stupid but so many ppl act like you can't find your way to Manhattan unless you live in THAT borough. Even Bx, or Staten Island can be a reason ppl don't get called in for an interview.

I originally lived in Jersey when I first started working, and the best thing I ever did was getting a mailing address in Manhattan. I still have that address to this day which I use for my business. But at least my supposed "proximity" to the job didn't keep me from getting the interview.

Can you tell me more about the promoting that you did? I think I could get into that.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

<br ="apple-interchange-newline"="">

I would take that advice with a grain of salt...depending on what career field your in.

what field are you in?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style