Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Recently Graduated? Unemployed??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:05am
Originally posted by tbaby123 tbaby123 wrote:

Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

what's your masters in?

public health... but the issue is that I don't want to work in what seems to be the stereotypical public health job.. which are community health centers and even hospitals.. I realize that I should've figured that out before investing my time and money into a degree but whatever.. you live and you learn.. so i am talking to people and researching other ways to use my degree in something I like slash in an environment I like.. if that makes sense

You kinda caused this situation yourself. You're getting a degree in public health but you don't want a public health job. Not only that but you don't want to move away from home.

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

But you could go into consulting.

Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:05am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

what do people usually get jobs in with a degree in history? No shade i usually think in a museum or as a teacher or something.

Ive only seen them become teachers.
Maple Syrup View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Syrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:21am

what's your masters in?

public health... but the issue is that I don't want to work in what seems to be the stereotypical public health job.. which are community health centers and even hospitals.. I realize that I should've figured that out before investing my time and money into a degree but whatever.. you live and you learn.. so i am talking to people and researching other ways to use my degree in something I like slash in an environment I like.. if that makes sense

You kinda caused this situation yourself. You're getting a degree in public health but you don't want a public health job. Not only that but you don't want to move away from home.

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

Consultants usually have years and years of experience under their belts.

OP, you should try getting a "stereotypical" public health Job to gain experience, build up your resume, and network. Who knows, you might find a position that is more suited to you later on.

And sorry, moving to Canada is not a viable option right now.
tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbaby123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:24am
that's great Rockstar! i'm glad things are coming together for you.. 

My undergraduate was premed majoring in biology and bioethics... i decided 4th year I didn't wanna do pre-med anymore (infact i decided i wanted to do business earlier but my parents wouldn't let me switch) anyhoo i figured public health would be the most logical next step... excepttttt it wasn't lol i can't imagine working for a community health center with my classmates

I am looking into consulting.. applied to 3 places and got a second interview at a boutique firm.. i'm also looking into pharmas as well.. 
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:26am
The job market it not easy in Canada right now. It's really not.
I don't know why ppl think it is, but it's not.
Maple Syrup View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maple Syrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Not only that, moving to Canada is not the same as moving to another state, you just can't pack your bags and go, there is a long immigration process.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:28am
Originally posted by *Belle*Femme* *Belle*Femme* wrote:

what do people usually get jobs in with a degree in history? No shade i usually think in a museum or as a teacher or something.

we go to law schoolLOL
at my school they became consultants and also worked on wall street

Edited by EPITOME - Jan 24 2013 at 10:29am
miamiu27 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiu27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:30am
I am sure you already have but have you looked into health agencies programs the CDC/HHS has the Emerging leaders programs for people with Masters degrees. Have you looked into jobs as Public Health Analyst or Public Health Advisors. Alot of times they have jobs where you are assigned to a state or go overseas.

Our Director is big on hiring fresh minds.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Maple Syrup Maple Syrup wrote:

what's your masters in?

Consultants usually have years and years of experience under their belts.

OP, you should try getting a "stereotypical" public health Job to gain experience, build up your resume, and network. Who knows, you might find a position that is more suited to you later on.

And sorry, moving to Canada is not a viable option right now.

that is not true. consulting firms hired undergrads from my school all the time
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Maple Syrup Maple Syrup wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

Not only that, moving to Canada is not the same as moving to another state, you just can't pack your bags and go, there is a long immigration process.

That, too.
Then you have to have a work permit, in which in some cases you can only use to work for a specific employer.

Plus, the culture shock of a black American, depending on where you move to...I can't even imagine LOL

I'll say this, what's usually very easy in America is like shytting bricks in Canada.

Edited by Derri - Jan 24 2013 at 10:34am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>